• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail showing extension of receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
My new voicemails are showing that they are from the Receptionist - but she is the one who transferred the call to me.
How do I get them to show the end users caller id?

My first guess is the receptionist is either doing an Attended Transfer directly to your voice mail, or an Attended Transfer to your extension and remaining on the call until voice mail answers. In both of those scenarios if the call is answered while the receptionist is still connected, the system will consider the call to have originated from that extension rather than the transferred caller.

So *4<ext> is somewhat defective in that manner if she doesn't do things fast enough...
Perhaps if she uses the software I installed - this will not happen. :)

Performing a transfer to *4<ext> would show the original caller info if it was done as a Blind Transfer. Since the mailbox will almost immediately answer the call, the caller info listed for the call depends on which leg of the call was connected when it answered, and for an Attended Transfer, that will always be the extension performing the transfer.

yep - a blind transfer is a little difficult to pull off quick enough to get the *4 to always work. My guess is she hit send then transfer... instead of just hitting transfer.

i disabled attended transfer, because one receptionist was fast, no issues and another always would pause to verify that she could hear the extension ring, and it was causing all types of issues.

Its hard to break them of old habits. I tried to get them to go the way of shared parks for announcing calls - but it was balked at.

we still use shared park, no issues with it retaining the right number, but I did configure a button on the receptionist phones as a park button so they didn't have to transfer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.