Voicemail silence for 8 seconds...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by danko2, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danko2

I have an issue that I can't seem to find a way around... I have a client using the most updated version (9 SP3) and they have an issue with VOIP to VOIP voicemails. They have 1 number that is prob. their most important incoming caller that is also VOIP and whenever that company leaves a message, there is 8 seconds of silence at the start of the VM. The person is definitely talking during this 8 seconds and it is not just a person not waiting for the beep, as multiple people call from this location from different extensions and it always happens.

They are tired of missing the first 8 seconds of content of VMs from these people. All other VMs come through immediately.

Please let me know what all information might be helpful in troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you!

Darren Danko
    darren dot danko at gmail dot com

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might want to start by comparing a 3CX log of a call that fails and a call that works properly. Have you tried a test call from another caller using the same VoIP provider as the one that fails. That may narrow it down to being a caller, or a provider issue.

3. GManNAtl

I am having this exact same issue. I began another post "VM Beep . . . What the Beep?" about the issue before seeing this. As stated in that post if I change the beep tone it will stop for one caller and begin for others?!?! What could this possibly be? I am somewhat comforted that I am not the only one with this issue.

4. jackson1

Six months on and still trying to figure this out. I have been working with Patton off and on, doing PCAPs and debug logs from the SN4970, etc. Nothing we have tried has fixed the problem. Seems no one know why it's happening. I getting ready to do a clean install of 3CX and replace the SN. This one is getting really frustrating.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

JTPhones...You are also using 3CX version 9, as in the case of the original post from 2010?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.