Voicemail [Solved]

Discussion in 'iOS' started by craigreilly, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

stefan
    in this new version, can you tell where to change the number for voicemail in the iPhone?
    we are on 4 digit system - when I hit voicemail on the "display" - it goes to 999. i need instead to goto 9999.
    regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Voicemail

Hi
    Voicemail number is provided by autoprovisioning, there is no manual setting for it.
    If you performed the autoprovisioning but you got the wrong number, almost for sure extension's provisioning file on the PBX is outdated so you have to refresh it.
    Keep us informed.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

I did not autoprovision. I simply entered my credentials from the email that the system sends out.
    I also tried to auto-provision and the phone does not appear in the Phones list that require provisioning:

How can I fix this?

Attached Files:

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, I will check tomorrow and I will provide you an answer then.
    Thanks for feedback
    vali

5. antler

Hi forum,

Nothing happens when I touch the '1 voicemail' part of my display, is this the same problem? or maybe because I have completely changed my 3cx voicemail access number as '999' coincides with the 'UK Emergency Services' number!

Apart from this issue, absolutely fantastic app. I, and many others have been waiting [and waiting] for 1.1.5 and now it is here, it appears to be much more stable than its predecessors plus the tunnel although I'm not yet sure that having the ability to only define a single tunnel configuration for any profile at any one time is good! But lets see :)

But thank you for the hard work that has gone in to producing this app.

Antler.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

vbox dialing can be only used if you have 3CXPhone System and you MUST Provision the phone new/again. Manual profile does not work nor other pbx systems.

7. craigreilly

Yep - can't get auto-provisioning to work. My phone system never showed a phone waiting for set-up.

8. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

for PnP provisioning you need to be in the same LAN as the PBX with its NIC as you on the iPhone's WiFi
    Also you must allow MULTICAST in the firewall or AV scanner to pass to the system. as i see you have YL phones, they support PnP as well, does you system work for them?

9. craigreilly

System is working fine for the Yealinks so far. But I am setup with DHCP Option 66. I have not tried PNP.
    Couple small issues - but working thru them (downloading XML Local Phonebook is current challenge http://www.3cx.com/forums/yealink-local-contact-book-28959.html)...

Currently the phone system has no antivirus setup. Windows firewall is disabled in the Windows Services.

Phone has IP of 10.0.0.124 as seen from WiFi settings. Also, using Ping Lite, my iPhone can ping the 3cx server at 10.0.0.12.

I have also tried removing the App from my iPhone and installing new again.
    Also tried rebooting Phone just to be sure.

So - maybe the WiFi points (Ruckus) or my Switches (HP V1910). Or maybe my Network isn't MultiCast enabled. ???

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

First thing:
    I've checked 3CXPhone's code - there is no default "999", therefore the only way to get it is by provisioning file. You can do the following check:

- on the PBX machine, look into C:\Users\All Users\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning\TcxProvFiles folder for the xml file cooresponding to your extension and open it. There, somewhere in the middle, is a Voicemail key - check which number is stamped there.

Second thing:
    For auto-provisioning to work, there are few conditions to be met:
    - phone and 3CX PBX should be on the same intranet subnet
    - in case when PBX admin choose "Assign to existing" extension, it should be sure that PBX machine's IP has not changed since the provisioning file has been generated (otherwise, the PBX' IP stored in this file is outdated and phone would not be able to download provisioning file). To check this, in the xml file I mentioned above, check on the bottom for ProvLink key: the IP should be the same as PBX's machine (you can check this typing ipconfig in a windows command prompt).
    - the phone should not appear as registered on the PBX when it performs the provisioning request. To check this, on the PBX management console, look at extension's status, should be red.

11. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

@craigreilly
    Validate with your YL phone if you have the same issue.
    I have the feeling something in your network is not passing the MultiCast messages to the server.
    you can run wireshark to check if it arrives. does your PBX runs on Port 5060? This is mandatory to be to have PnP working!

12. craigreilly

I'll check on all this shortly.
    My yl phone is dialing 4 digits for voicemail on its own...
    More news soon...

13. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

@craigreilly if you have a support contract with 3CX or are a 3CXPartner give me a call via the german support number so we can check together!

14. craigreilly

We are just getting started with programming. We have a partner coming in next month for full setup.

15. craigreilly

I installed Wireshark and started the capture.
    I filtered results to my phones internal IP of 10.0.0.133
    My PBX is IP 10.0.0.12
    Here are the results:

My desk phone, YL - was provisioned using DHCP Option 66 and not PNP. The XML file for my extension shows 9999 for voicemail.

Attached Files:

16. craigreilly

I have it working.

I added the proper protocol to my network card and rebooted.

So then I deleted it. And tried again to auto-provision - and I do not see the traffic in Wireshark this time and can not provision.

So I created a mini LAN with a Wifi and the Phone System and the same switch in my network which is a spare. It worked.
    I put the phone switch back in the original network - and it worked.

Strange... I can only assume something within my network is causing issues maybe - my DNS Server?

17. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

we need to sep. your issue.

1) PnP
    2) Vbox

Lets start with the PnP.
    1)
    Do you see the PnP Req. from this phone? In wireshark this will look like this (note only works when SIP Port of PBX is 5060!)

Can you remove the DHCP Option for one of your YL phone and factory reset it (do not remove ext in PBX), they send the same messages. If there is a router in between 2 networks you must allow MulitCast frwd. if you can do so.
    If you do not see this messages as shown you have an Network issue.

2)
    When 9999 is in the file then we can close this off, is just the question how to get it to your phone and this is PnP ONLY

Attached Files:

18. craigreilly

As I mentioned in the previous message, after pulling the 3cx server offline and testing on a smaller scale (with same network hardware - backup switch and backup WAP) it worked. Then I moved 3cx back to the original network and the Multicast Registration was working.
    So, I tried 2 or 3 more times - with success each time. And even on an Android phone. Also, I had the 9999 for VM.
    (Just to be sure I tried again this morning with success)

Then I removed both YL phones from the DHCP Server, and removed the Mac address from the Extension. Rebooted the phone and sure enough it was found by 3cx and I clicked and said "Assign Extension".

So you can go ahead and close this. It is definitly something with my network.

This auto-provision definitly makes it harder for us to register a lot of phones - especially remote users who were going to use this method. I guess they could always VPN in first for setup.

19. antler

Hallo Forum,

As previously written, fantastic product and keep up the good work, BUT, regarding this specific issue...

I, like many others in Deutschalnd use AVM's FritzBox which has, for want of a statement', a block on using port 5060 as it uses it 'for itself', thus I have had to make use of a different port number.
    Subsequently, AutoProvision will simply not work! so my question is, how can I configure my voicemail number which, again as I have written in another post, is not the default 999 [UK Emergency Service number].

Whilst I am here I have another question / issue, I observe on my iPhone '2 voicemails', yet when I touch the display, nothing happens!

Any assistance greatly appreciated :)

Antler

20. craigreilly

Provisioning has to be done on local lan. Won't it grab correct port from your 3cx server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.