voicemail still answer after unsintall...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petou, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petou

Hello,

I installed 3CX PBX with a callcentric line a couple years ago on my "server" just for fun at home. It worked great, but now i don't want the PBX anymore. So i unsintalled it. But i noticed that everytime I call my callcentric number the default 3CX voicemail is answering without ringing. "record your message and press #, etc...". The voicemail answer even if my server is disconnected from the internet.

Here was my setup:

3CX PBX on Windows 2003 ( then 2008, then XP)
    Callcentric account and number
    SPA3102 Lynksys Voip router for my analogic phone
    3CX phone on my computers, cellphones and tablet.

Now i only use callcentric with my SPA3102 (I did a factory default on it, before configuring for callcentric) .

The only info i could find is this thread. The last comment show some hints but don't resolve the issue.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/calls-going-right-to-voicemail-why-20775-15.html

Thanks for the help

PS. sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

are you sure this isn't callcentric answering the call ?
    if you turn the old pbx server OFF completely does it still answer? If so, it is not 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. petou

At first, i was sure it was callcentric too. So i contacted their technical support. Here's the answer:

We have called your number *********** and we too have heard the same message. Please note that the message that you've described (and the message that we've heard) is actually _not_ generated by our servers, rather this is generated by your 3CX IP PBX.

The following is a SIP trace of our test call:

(detailled trace i removed for now.)

For this call, we've heard the message you've described on your initial post. Basically what's occurring above is that our call attempt is reaching your IP PBX, and your PBX is establishing the call (as per the 200 OK packet being sent by your PBX).From what it seems that, you may have defined an inbound route within your 3CX's configurations which routes calls to that message (you will have to review your PBX's inbound routes configuration/ trunk configurations to see where exactly the calls are being routed towards).

To test for yourself, please enable the call treatment we've created under your account which will route all incoming calls to your Callcentric voicemail -- in which when you do receive an incoming call attempt, it should play your personal greeting.

If you are still experiencing issues, or if you have any other questions, please let us know.

4. craigreilly

Not sure how 3cx can still answer a call if it is not connected to anything (trunks, voip circuits, etc).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. petou

After your message, i said to myself "Let's shut down the server just to be sure". And now it's working like a charm.

So there is something on my server that causing it. (unfortunatly i can't start it from here now).

I will try ethereal or wireshark to watch the traffic tonight. Maybe it will help to find what's causing this...

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I guess you didn't actually install it. You should be able to go into the operating system and get a list of all running services.

7. craigreilly

this could be a part of the language barrier, but in your initial post you said:
    Obviously this was not the case - it was still connected to the internet and taking calls. There is an uninstall tool available which will show you which keys might need to be removed manually.

Also, did you reboot the server after uninstalling 3cx?

8. petou

Ok 30 min after the shutdown of the server, the problem was back. Then i thinked about it, and i remember something, i once had to transfer the 3cx pbx on my desktop for some reason. I shut down the desktop. Everything worked fine again and still good 2 hours after i shut it down.

Back to my place, start the desktop, program files... 3CX server v9 completely installed. Well that explains a lot *facepalm*

uninstalled it, boot the server. Everything is fine.

Thanks for your help. That made me remember some basic point i forgot to check.

9. craigreilly

we're all here to help - and maybe learn a little something along the way.
    glad you got it sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.