Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail to e-mail gets delayed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bmatic, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmatic

I am currently running 3cx on a windows xp machine and I have a user whose e-mail with the voicemail in it gets delayed for 1-2 days. When it finally comes in, it usually happens at 3am consistently. We have an on-site exchange server and are using it for relay to e-mail out. The attachment size is set to 25mb, and when I test SMTP from the phone server, I get the e-mail instantaneously. The 3cx version we are running is Version 10 SP 6. Can someone point me in the right direction to look at this? It almost seems like these e-mails get queued up on the phone system and then something happens at 3am to finally push them through.

Thanks.

2. bmatic

To add to the above...

After looking at Server Event Logs, at around 3:07AM, it looks like all the extensions get re-registered on the phone system, and the time stamp on the delayed e-mail is usually 3:07am (+/- a minute or two).

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

As another test - what happens when you send an extension welcome email, as this has an attachment. maybe it has something to do with that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bmatic

Thanks for your reply.

Can you elaborate on how to test this? I'm not too familiar with the 3cx phone system. I see where I can check the box, but how do I get it to force an e-mail?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I enabled the welcome e-mail and I was able to receive it successfully and right away.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ok - so attachments do not seem to be the issue.

A Wireshark might help see if the phone system attempts to send the email right away and if it gets rejected.
    You would have to install this on the 3cx Server (or have a mirrored switch report and install on another computer): https://www.wireshark.org/

Then start it. Call and leave a voicemail that is about 10 seconds long.
    Hang up.
    Wait about 2 minutes.
    Stop the Wireshark

Then do a filter ip.src == <ip of 3cx server> & ip.dst==<ip of mail server>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bmatic

Just did these steps and I don't even see the 3cx phone system hitting the exchange server, but I was able to get the voicemail message a couple of seconds after I hung up the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.