• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail to Email issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnesota

Free User
Reaction score
Hello. We have tested system emails coming to us and they are nearly instant when we send a test email.

For voicemail to email, our first message took 16 minutes to get emailed to us after the message was left. The other problem is the timestamp on the actual audio message and in the email is off by 6 hours. We left the message at 11:26am but the timestamp when we call voicemail to retrieve says 5:26pm and the received time in the attached email shows 17:26 or 5:26pm as well.

Any ideas on how to fix the delay issue on the email as well as the incorrect timestamp in the email and when calling voicemail to retrieve the message?

We're running the latest Debian version of 3CX.

Thank you

To: 102" - "Troy" "McEldowney"
Received:"2017-01-31 17:26:25"

Hello @minnesota

SSH into your machine and type date.
Are you getting the correct time and date?

Hello @minnesota

SSH into your machine and type date.
Are you getting the correct time and date?

I did that and the time was off by about 1 minute, 30 seconds. Not quite the 6 hours we were experiencing. I did install NTP on the VPS now and time is synced correctly to the second.

We will test and see if this helps any. Thanks

Keep track of the server time and let us know how that goes.

Time is staying correct on server now. The problem I'm having is we left a voicemail over 2.5 hours ago and the voicemail email has not showed up yet.

SMTP test from settings shows up instantly with no issues but no voicemail emails. Any ideas?

Ok we updated the Time Zone in Debian and the voicemail now has the correct time stamps.

The problem is we're still not receiving the emails right away. They are delayed anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours.

What can we do to remedy this situation?

If you have the send email as attachments option under email options try using Send email notification only to see if that affects the speed of the mailer.
Also what phones do you have? Are the phones getting the notification right away?

We are still having problems with this. Some messages are emailed properly after they call in. Others such as my test voicemail I left on Friday 3-6 don't show up in our email. But once we manually dialed into the Voicemail system and listened to it, the voicemail email showed up instantly in our inbox, but not until we listened to it from our phone.

We are using 3CX for Android as well as Yealink T46G phones.

Thanks

Reactions: spenster
We are still having problems with this. Some messages are emailed properly after they call in. Others such as my test voicemail I left on Friday 3-6 don't show up in our email. But once we manually dialed into the Voicemail system and listened to it, the voicemail email showed up instantly in our inbox, but not until we listened to it from our phone.

Thanks

We are experiencing similar issues, with delays of up to 2 weeks. We are running on a relatively clean 2012 R2 server.

Thanks

What are you using as your SMTP server? We're using Google mail.

Hello there,
@ minnesota
Does the phone or client receive the notification right away? Does the phone lamp light up? What smtp are you using?
What service pack are you on?
@ spenster
Does the phone or client receive the notification right away? Does the phone lamp light up? Any antivirus software that might be interfering?
What service pack are you on?

I'm on 15, update 5 so the latest version that just came out in the last week. We have this setup with our Gmail account. All the other notification emails like backups, trunk changes, updates send out instantly. It is only the voicemails that are sporadic and we only get some of them. Then when we listen to one on the phone, the email sends instantly to us after we listen to it. I'll check to see if the phone or client receives a notification right away.

I checked with one of our users and he says the voicemail is on the phone even after all VM's are deleted. We just received another voicemail this morning that didn't get emailed to us until he dialed in and listened to it from his extension.

Have you tried to use another smtp server ?

No we have not. We use Google or Gmail for business and have no other smtp server to try. It doesn't appear this is the issue though as all system notifications come through all the time.

I would use a gmail account just to test this and remove it from the equation. There could be something in the voicemail email template that the mailer does not like.

We do use a gmail account currently for this. We're still having this problem for some voicemails. Another one today did not get emailed to us until we called voicemail and listened to it from the phone.

Hi minnesota,

Please make sure (through wireshark) if the voicemail sends from your 3CX Phone system after the user leave a voicemail, please find below screenshot. First of all we need to know which side the problem appears. Take a capture through wireshark and then make filter with SMTP protocol.

upload_2017-3-24_10-17-24.png

We do use a gmail account currently for this. We're still having this problem for some voicemails. Another one today did not get emailed to us until we called voicemail and listened to it from the phone.
We have the exact same issue. I still haven't been able to capture this. Hoping to catch it soon. Wireshark running now with verbose logging. Client is using onsite exchange.

Key info: doesn't get emailed to us until we called voicemail and listened to it from the phone. (exactly what is happening.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.