Voicemail to email logging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by StanF, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanF

I have sever logging set to Verbose but I am not seeing any log entries related to the voicemail forwarding to email. Is this detail available somewhere else ?

Stan

2. Nebula

Nebula New Member

these logs can be found here C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs\3CXVoiceBoxManager.log

Hope this is what you are looking for.

3. StanF

Perfect, thanks. My VM to Email stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason so this morning I backed up the config, de-installed and re-installed and notification is once again working (and sent the backlog too). Now I'll know where to look if this happens again.

Stan

4. StanF

Getting to the log files was very informative. What I am finding is that the password for connecting to my ISP SMTP server is getting reset/corrupted by something. This is version 6.1.0 of 3cx.
    The symptoms are that I configure the email settings in the General section where I provide the smtp server address and my authentication credentials as this server needs me to authenticate. VM to Email works fine for a while and then stops. Looking in the voiceboxmanager log file I see that the error is a failure to authenticate (bad username or pwd). I go back to the General setting, the username looks fine. I re-enter the password and save it, restart the server and I once again get VM in email until it stops.

I have not yet figured out what is breaking it, for example is it just time or is it another action like a config change somewhere else but I will do some additional tests to try and track that down.

Stan

5. StanF

Here is what my tests reveal. Any time that the General Setting's page is saved (via the OK button) even if no changes have been made to any of the settings on that page, the SMTP server password will be reset to some unknown value and any subsequent VM to email forward will fail with an authentication error. To put that another way, any time the OK button on the General Settings page is pressed you must first make sure that you re-enter the SMTP server password.

That sounds like a bug to me.

Stan

6. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Thanks for this info. We will be checking this out .

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.