Voicemail to Text Transcription not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by advlaser, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. advlaser

We just updated to SP4 and configured our Azure Bing Speech API. We've plugged in Key 1 into 3CX and selected the language.

On a test voicemail, I receive an email with " Transcription: " at the bottom, but no text after that. I notice that I get the email almost immediately, seemingly no time to upload the audio file to Microsoft.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

wireshark...
    I started a capture in 3cx in the Activity Log. Called *4xxx for direct voicemail, left a message. When email received, I stoped the capture and opened in Wireshark.

Did filter ip.src=IPofPBX.
    Then did a sort by destination.
    Found a ton of entries to 204.79.197.200 which is Microsoft. (your IP may be different)

That would be the first place... to ensure traffic is heading to them.

Then take their IP and make that the ip.src

Look for TLSv1.2 entry where you have a Server Hello, Certificate, Key Exchange, Server Hello Done.
    Then a Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 craigreilly, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  3. ivank

3CX Support

advlaser, what OS do you use for PBX hosting?
    Also, try setting log level to verbose, repeat the record and look for "SPEECH" in the System Service's logs.

4. David Larson

advlaser: double check that you entered the key 1 value. I had the same problem when I set mine up yesterday. I thought I correctly copied key 1 from Azure to the 3CX configuration. When I checked it today, I found the wrong key entered into 3CX and it wasn't key 2 either! I'm not sure where I got the number I had originally entered. I reconfigured this morning and everything now works fine.

5. yanceyworks

We ran into issue with free where it maxed out the quota before we expected it to. We showed in Azure under 300 calls, well below the 5,000 the alot for free, but when we switched to paid all worked as it should.

6. Tim Price

I'm running into a similar issue as the OP and even after regenerating the keys in Azure and applying them the reporting from Azure it appears no calls are being made. I have also run a trace and can see traffic being passed to MS IP addresses. Any ideas?

7. ivank

3CX Support

Try setting log level to Verbose, leave a voicemail and then look for "SPEECH" in 3CXSystemService.log

#7 ivank, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.