Voicemail transferring to the operator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mengalb, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mengalb

Hello,
    When a call is redirected to voicemail, is it possible to eliminate the possibility of transferring to the operator?
    Thank you.

2. 3CXNP

3CX Support

Hey mengalb,

Can you clarify what you mean? What is the system doing and what do you want it to do?

Tyhanks,

Nicholas

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mengalb

Currently if a person call and it is redirected to voicemail she can press # to leave a message or press * to contact the operator.
    I wish she could only leave a message.

4. 3CXNP

3CX Support

The best way would be to change the message so they dont have the knowledge of calling the operator.

Modify the message to say "After the tone, please leave your message, then press #"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

even if you don't "say it" people figure this stuff out.
    there should be an option to turn this feature off.

what happens if the advanced custom parameter OPERATOR is set null?
    <<Disclaimer - I in no way condone changing this value as it could royally screw your system up >>

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Other systems that I'm familiar with, that allow you to "zero out" of a mailbox, also allow each extension to determine where the call will go, such a a colleague in the same department that might be able to deal with a problem. it sounds as if a feature request, that allows a more "flexible" use of the feature, is in order.

If the Operator function in 3CX isn't used in any other scenario, then the change that Craigreilly suggests might work. However, it might also disable another feature involving calls routing to the operator extension. I would do some testing before walking away from any changes such as this.

7. ostwald

I don't want to change the prompt .wav i would like to disable this for one specific extension , have anyone found a different way to accomplish this

8. delacruz7545

If you have a digital receptionist involved and you don't want to allow the caller to transfer to the operator, change the forwarding on the operator extension to automatically go back to the digital receptionist. I just used another extension for my front desk and kept the operator extension unregistered. I put the operator extension on "out of office" and forward the call to my Main line IVR. Hope this helps.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this isn't going to work if the operator extension is actually used as an operator, on the system.

If you don't use the operator, and implement this, then anyone, that transferred out of anyone's VM, will end-up back in a queue that may have no association to the extensions VM that they originally landed in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.