Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail, Transfers, Rep status'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by blackstoneaudio, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackstoneaudio

Our company just decided to purchase the 3CX Phone system. I have been tasked with some minor call routing once the phone calls come into our IVR and get distributed within the many groups in our company. That being said, there are some items that I am having a hard time finding in the documentation and would like someone's help.

1) Voice mail on an extension without a phone - We have 3 main queues, all of which a call comes in various numbers, route to a designated call queue, and then terminate to an extension's voice mail if there is no answer, or if the call is after hours. The challenge is this extension is not attached to a phone. How can we call into that voice mail (regardless if there is a phone attached or not) remotely to pull the voice mails?

2) Transfers - on our existing Polycom phones we can transfer to existing extensions by pressing Trnsfr (while in the call), dialing the number, and then either talk to the person (warm transfer) or just hitting transfer immediately the second time for a Cold Transfer. On the new system,(3CX), I can only find the method of using the presence screen to transfer. Is there any way to program the phones/system to use the same method we had before, or something close to that?

3) Rep/Extension status' - On our existing system a manager/supervisor can force "available" or "away" a rep in the phone system. Is there a way to do the same with V12?

Overall the guides are great for individual tasks, I am just having a hard time connecting the pieces to really match what our company needs. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

First.. from any handset when you dial voicemail..you can just hit "#" by itself.. the prompt backs up and asks for an extension.
    Second, consider delivering the voicemail to email for this extension. I use that for an after hours voicemail extension.. delivers to a distribution list which I then manage the list members.. keeps it easy to update.

Highly depends on the handset. 3CX Phone has a Transfer button.. and the various makes/models each have a transfer ability.. but depends on the handset.

Extension groups. You can then assign management types of rights to particular members (extensions..), as well as set the default rights for all the members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.