• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VoiceMail Waiting Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using X-Lite 3.0 SIP Client softphone and I configured the "check for voicemail" box and added 999 to the number to dial for checking voicemail. I'm able to leave voicemails on the users extention and am able to retrieve them by dialing 999, but I do not have a message waiting indicator displayed. Shouldn't there be one?

X-Lite 3.0 Build 41150
3CX Phone System v3.0.2328.0

Thanks!

Shouldn't. MWI support is not available for a free version.

In addition to what my Archie said, I think that softphone doesn't have a MWI feature on it...

BUT if you have call assistant on your computer, then you don't need MWI. Call assistant (even free version) will show on the bottom right corner if/when you have voicemail. So if u need to check, instead of looking on the softphone (which i think doesn't have this feature anyway - and you need the non-free version) you just check at Call assistant.

Now if you don't have a computer, and its just a user without a computer, then you need to buy yourself a phone with MWI like the Grandstream 2000 and a license for 3CX. :)

I checked CounterPath's web site and it's lack of mention of the feature does infer that X-Lite does NOT have MWI support, so I guess Archie's right.

Costas3CX mentions that 3CX CallAssistant does have a counter found in the bottom right of its display. Unfortuantely, I can't get 3CX CallAssistant v3.0.2328.0 to register, so I'm using both X-Lite and 3CX Phone v1.17 instead.

Is there a fee version of 3CX CallAssistant that is presumably an enhanced version of the free one that comes with 3CX PhoneSystem?

btw: The symtom of 3CX CallAssistant not registering is:
1. It says it is not registered in the bottom left and 3CX PhoneSystem confirms this.
2. Can't call in or out of it.
3. HOWEVER, it does display a valid call history, extension status, and line status.

Are there other free SoftPhones I can try?

Bob said:
I checked CounterPath's web site and it's lack of mention of the feature does infer that X-Lite does NOT have MWI support, so I guess Archie's right.

Costas3CX mentions that 3CX CallAssistant does have a counter found in the bottom right of its display. Unfortuantely, I can't get 3CX CallAssistant v3.0.2328.0 to register, so I'm using both X-Lite and 3CX Phone v1.17 instead.

Is there a fee version of 3CX CallAssistant that is presumably an enhanced version of the free one that comes with 3CX PhoneSystem?

btw: The symtom of 3CX CallAssistant not registering is:
1. It says it is not registered in the bottom left and 3CX PhoneSystem confirms this.
2. Can't call in or out of it.
3. HOWEVER, it does display a valid call history, extension status, and line status.

CallAssistant is not a phone is just track status of extension(real phone). If extension isn't registered then CA says that it is not registered.
Free version of CA just shows status of extension (including voice mail box status), and doesn't provide any call control. Free version of PBX doesn't provide MWI service for any phone even if it supports it.

Bob said:
Unfortuantely, I can't get 3CX CallAssistant v3.0.2328.0 to register, so I'm using both X-Lite and 3CX Phone v1.17 instead.
.....1. It says it is not registered in the bottom left and 3CX PhoneSystem confirms this.
Call assistant as my friend SY has mentioned, is just a monitoring tool. It just reports status of lines/extensions etc.

It doesn't have the ability to register. BUT you CAN login with it and see status of lines/extension/voicemail even if extension is not registered. It is not call assistant instead of phone. It is call assistant WITH phone together that give this additional functionality.
in the bottom right corner it just reports if the extension that you have logged in with is registered. it doesn't register itself.

Bob said:
......2. Can't call in or out of it.......
There is only 1 call assistant. If you buy 3cx and activate it, it unlocks extra features of ca such as "forward to voicemail" "transfer" "call" . tc

Bob said:

Eyebeam, SJ, and many more.

Just an update. I upgraded 3CX to Enterprise and have enabled the MWI. I now find the MWI displays on X-Lite 3.0, so I guess the free version has it. Thanks!

Bob said:
Just an update. I upgraded 3CX to Enterprise and have enabled the MWI. I now find the MWI displays on X-Lite 3.0, so I guess the free version has it. Thanks!

I know that X-lite support MWI, but free version of "3CX PBX" doesn't support it :(

How did you upgrade it to enterprise edition? I also need this version!

Well it wasn't a hack if that is what you might be thinking ;-)

I have a licensed copy that 3CX kindly donated to our homeless shelter.

It didn't want to apply the upgrade right away as I wanted to see how far the free version would go. I'm just experimenting with the product for now and if all works well, I can hopefully join two business locations into one. ref my just posted "How to join two locations into one".

If I can't join two locations into one, the shelter will eventually merge their two locations anyway.

Bob said:
Well it wasn't a hack if that is what you might be thinking ;-)

I have a licensed copy that 3CX kindly donated to our homeless shelter.

It didn't want to apply the upgrade right away as I wanted to see how far the free version would go. I'm just experimenting with the product for now and if all works well, I can hopefully join two business locations into one. ref my just posted "How to join two locations into one".

If I can't join two locations into one, the shelter will eventually merge their two locations anyway.

It was just an inapt joke, please believe me, I didn't think this way :)
I did reply there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.