Voicemail Windows App

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by kevinchamplin, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinchamplin

With the API am I able to count voicemails in a specific voicemail box and allow the user to play a message? It'd be a windows application i'd be building.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I do not believe you can count how many voicemails are in an extension's voicemail box using the API, but it is a super-simple task to count them yourself. They are just wav files in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions folder (each extension has it's own folder). Then you just need a user interface to select the desired wav file and play it.

However, I would encourage you to take a look at our Voicemail Manager web portal. Our tool may eliminate the need for you to go to all the work required to create an application of your own.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kevinchamplin,

Using the 3CX Call Control API you have access to the voicemails information. Please note that this API is only available in the 3CX server. Using this API, the Extension class has the property VoiceMailBox, and this has the properties New and Total, which will return the number of new messages (not heard) and the number of total messages.

So, for example you can check this info using:
    PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("100").VoiceMailBox.New
    PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("100").VoiceMailBox.Total

In order to play the wav files, you need to access them from the file system, as explained by Matt.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Learn something new every day Ernesto. Thanks for the heads up.

edossantos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.