Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jay007, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay007

When someone leaves a voicemail on my PSTN,the line stays active for 2mins after the person hangs up. even if i ring my number myself i hear the greeting then hangup it will record just a beeping tone for 2 minutes. A few examples

1. If i ring and leave a message and press the hash/pound key followed by 1 to save everything works great. I recieve the voicemail to my email and it is 188kb of a wav file.

2. If i ring and leave voicemail and just hang up (like most people will) it records the message followind by beeping tone and does not hang up the line for 2 minutes and it will send me a voicemail message to my email of 2mb of a wav file.

3. If i ring and just hang up and leave no voicemail. The line does not hang up for 2 minutes and sends me a voicemail messgae to my email of just a beeping tone for 2 minutes of 2mb.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What make/model gateway are you using?

Most have three different methods for detecting that a PSTN line has hung up. CPC (calling party control)... a short line disconnect when the far end hangs up, silence detection along with a time-out period, and disconnect tone detection. These usually have to be enabled, on the gateway, and provisioned properly (disconnect tone) for your particular area.

It sounds line the disconnect tone will work in your case, but CPC is the preferred method if offered by your provider (most reliable). Silence detection will sometimes require tweaking so as not to disconnect low volume calls, I try to resist using it if possible.

3. jay007

I have the grandstream Ht503. I am trying to find a PSTN Disconnect Tone for Ireland.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say if it is Northern, or Republic of...

It looks to be 425 hz .05 on, .05 off

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kCountry=86&kTone=10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.