Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VoiceMail

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by lreiber, Oct 27, 2017.

1. lreiber

When a user listens to their voice mail it starts from newest vm to oldest vm. We have medical user that get a large number of vm's and with it this way it may take them hours to get to the oldest vm's because of the interuptions during their normal office work.

In the normal world of voicemail, you hear your messages from oldest to newest.

It would be great if 3cx did this as well.

Yes I know that this can be done from the client on their pc or mobile device.

For security reasons and practicle ones, the users need to get their voice mail from the phone.

The clients do not want to invest in headset's with mikes for every user

Pleaes vote on this to get 3cx to correct their programing mistake and make it run like everyone else's voice mail system

2. Silly English Kniggit

That might be your normal - it's not mine. Newest to oldest is at least as common as oldest to newest. There are definite advantages to both methods - but neither of them is "right" or "normal". I personally prefer newest to oldest. You're more likely to get a favourable response if you ask for a feature request to have the option as to direction of play, rather than complaining that 3CX have made a programming mistake.

If user doesn't have time to listen to all their voicemail, then I don't really see what difference the order makes. Time seems to be the issue - not the order they're in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...