• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemails not Deleting after Hotel Services Checkout or Checkin v15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike83

Free User
Reaction score
We are a hotel with 3CX synced to our PMS via the Hotel Services module. 3CX is not deleting messages after either a checkout or checkin, even when it updates the guest name properly. I also attempted a manual "Clear" and "Assign" via the webclient and that didn't delete the messages either.

This used to work, but it appears sometime within the last few days or months (maybe with a recent update) it doesn't seem to work anymore. I think this is a bug.

This is HIGHLY unacceptable for a hotel. We can't have guests who stay in a room weeks later listening to the voicemails from the previous 4 or 5 guests that stayed in that room.

We are currently on version 15.5.15502.6.

It's been a week, and no one has any insight? Is this actually a bug? Have I programmed something wrong on the PBX? Any help will be appreciated!!

It sounds like a bug but I don't have any PMS/Hotel module setups to test and confirm.

Is there anyone from 3CX that can confirm this bug is being worked on and fixed? I currently have 5 of our 22 hotels using a 3CX system, with a total of 788 guest rooms between them. The other 18 are still using Mitel. In total we currently have 2,879 guest rooms. And we are currently building 3 more hotels AS WE SPEAK that we were planning on installing 3CX from the beginning!!

Right now it is EXTRA work for all our housekeepers to have to manually clear the voicemails as they clean rooms. They already are strapped for hours in the day to finish the rooms as is, now we need them to add another 30 seconds or a minute or so to EACH check-out? They have to dial into the Voicemail system and hit " 3* " until it says no more messages. If it is just 30 seconds per room * 788 rooms, that can be as high as 6.57 HOURS a day spent just clearing voicemails!! Just think if we had all our hotels on 3CX, that would be 30 seconds * 2,879 = 23.99 HOURS a day... AN ENTIRE DAY clearing voicemails.

Now our owners and executives are blaming me, and they are now rethinking switching the remaining of our systems from Mitel to 3CX. We have probably 10 hotels that have Mitel systems that are 20+ years old and are due for a change within the year. And the remaining are about 10 years old, but we were planning on eventually having all our hotels on 3CX.

So getting this resolved ASAP would go a long way to making 3CX look like a legitimate Hotel PBX system!! As it goes now, if this doesn't get resolved within one more week (it has already been 2 weeks since I reported it), I think 3CX will have lost our entire hotel chain forever

It sounds like a bug but I don't have any PMS/Hotel module setups to test and confirm.

Oh, @cobaltit... forgot to mention, you don't really need a PMS connected to your system. As I mentioned previously...even manually using the "Clear" and "Assign" in the "Web Client" isn't clearing the voicemails either. So you can test using that ability at least.

Did you put in a ticket with your 3CX partner?

@Mike83
I work for a 3CX Gold Partner. Had the opportunity to check at one of our clients who is a hotel and recently was forced to go 15.5 due to the cert issue. We are PMS integrated, but I ran my test using the assign and clear in the Webclient.

Assigned a extension.
Left a voicemail.
Confirmed voicemail was present (used webclient of extension, it's super annoying that they removed the reveal button).
Cleared extension.
Confirmed voicemail was STILL present.

It's a BIG issue. I'll report it to my channel rep in the morning, although I don't know that will do much.

Calling all 3CX hotel users to chime in as well.

I have to tried to replicate the scenario on the latest version of 3CX (15.5.15502.6) but i was not able to as all voicemail messages cleared once i cleared the extension from the web client. Please note that i do not have a PMS integration. I would recommend creating a ticket regarding this with our support department as they will need to take a closer look at the system to see what is causing the behaviour.

Did you put in a ticket with your 3CX partner?

Yes, I reported it to our partner. But they are new to the 3CX system. They only became a partner at our request. They are so new to the 3CX partner system, that the last time I checked, they weren't even listed as a partner on the 3CX website.

I would recommend creating a ticket regarding this with our support department as they will need to take a closer look at the system to see what is causing the behaviour.

I tried creating a ticket. But 3CX doesn't accept bug report tickets from people who ARE ACTIVELY PAYING for a Maintenance agreement, but don't receive support from 3CX directly. I have NEVER seen any company that does not accept bug reports directly from the end users. Instead 3CX forces me to report it to our 3CX partner, who I have. But again, they only became a partner at our request, and are not even listed as a partner yet according to the 3CX website.

@YiannisH_3CX: Please provide a link to ME (not my partner...ME) so that I can report the bug officially.

Otherwise...here is my "Unofficial" bug report:
  1. I Assign an extension either via the PMS integration, or via WebClient.
  2. 3CX properly sets the guest name, changes the "External Call" setting to allow, clears the DND setting, and changes the Voicemail Pin, as expected.

3. It DOES NOT: clear any future reminders (if set), or clear voicemails (if present).

4. We leave a voicemail on the extension, set a reminder, and change status to DND.
  5. We Clear the extension either via the PMS integration, or via WebClient.
  6. 3CX properly deletes the guest name, changes the "External Call" setting to deny, resets the DND back to Available, and changes the Voicemail Pin, as expected.

7. It DOES NOT: clear any future reminders, or clear voicemails.

8. We assign again...no change (other than "External Call" and Voicemail pin).
  9. We clear again...no change (other than "External Call" and Voicemail pin).
  10. We repeat steps 8 & 9 as many times as we want...still no change to the voicemails or the reminders.

Last edited:
So I did some more testing - this time on my NFR system.
My NFR system has no link to a PMS.

Make a fake extension, left a voicemail, verified it was there.
Cleared via WebUI.
Voicemail is gone.

I enabled Hotel Services in the NFR system and repeated, same situation. Had no PMS to link it to.

Based on this and my earlier test, I am lead to think our situation is as follows.

1) If the system has a valid PMS connected, the clear function does not clear everything. If it doesn't, it clears as expected.

@Mike83 Client won't allow me to turn off their PMS integration for testing, but perhaps you can test and validate my findings?

@YiannisH_3CX Can you test on your end? No idea if you have a PMS you can link to a test system...

My PMS type is MitelSX2000 if that matters.

EDIT: I should also say the Hotel I tested with - brand new fresh Debian install (no upgrade), restoring backup from their V14 system. So it can't be a lingering issue due to upgrades (this has been an issue with Hotel Services in the past IIRC)

Thank you for the update, i will try to replicate the issue with a PMS and let you know of the results.
@Mike83
Since you reported the issue to your reseller then your reseller can create a ticket with our support department so they can proceed with troubleshooting.

@SweetAction: I tried disabling the PMS Integration, restarting all services, and then testing using the WebClient. That still did not help.

@YiannisH_3CX: Our reseller finally responded to me saying they have filed the bug report, and I have been asked to reproduce the issue and provide the Wireshark and Activity logs.

@YiannisH_3CX: Our reseller finally responded to me saying they have filed the bug report, and I have been asked to reproduce the issue and provide the Wireshark and Activity logs.
Keep us updated if a resolution is found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.