Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Void option "Press Star" in Vmail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by biker29r, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biker29r

How can i avoide this possibility? when some one reaches my Vmail, i want a message- nothing else offered ("star for receptionist" - i dont have one...). It can be done for the extension or the whole system- both are OK for me. Thanks!

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

you have to pick an operator extension no way around it. This is something you cannot avoid.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a option for defining operator per extension group, this way you will achieve greater flexibility (and much of a tenant functionality). Also missing (not-defined) operator should disconnect the call.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. biker29r

OK, lets assume i have a "receptionist" which i do. On a certain inbound rule, i have the calls go to an extentions VMail (not receptioninst ext.). Now, all i want is for the caller to leave (or not) his message on this VM. I do not want him to have the option "press star" - better yet - i do not want the extensions VM to have the option "Press Star"!
    Now, is that doable...? Thanks!

5. nbailey

nbailey Member

Eagle2, you know the drill :) 3cx.ideascale.com I can see how useful that would be.

biker29r, no that is not possible. Disabling functions in voicemail I mean.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.