Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VoIP and taxes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Angela Kostoff, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela Kostoff

I have no idea if this is where I ask this question but, we have a few clients that we have sold CX systems to and I need to know about charging them federal and e911 tax on the system each month etc. If anyone can point me in the right direction so I can make sure we are following all the correct tax guidelines it woudl be greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a lot of information that you haven't included.

Tax on a service. that you provide, or tax that is being charged by a provider? I would think that in most cases, for voice services, your provider will charge the necessary taxes (including any federal and e911), and those simply need to be passed on to the end user if they don't receive and pay those bills directly. As a company that installed, and/or, maintains the PBX/services, you would bill for your time and materials as appropriate. Whether that includes any federal tax would depend on your location.

I'm sure that others will have additional information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.