VoIP call disconnection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tomlinm, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlinm

Hello all

V6.1.0 (Windows 2003 Server)

Call comes in via VoIPtalk line

PSTN > VoIPtalk > DR > Ext > Voicemail

If a call follows the above route, and a caller hangs up during voicemail without pressing #, the disconnection is not detected...if a call hangs up at any other point during the call, disconnection is detected without a problem

I have tried this using the nat.voiptalk.org:5065 and also the natproxy.voiptalk.org

any thoughts

Mark

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

If you capture such a call with Wireshark do you see the DTMF # signal coming inbound from Voiptalk to 3CX?

Also, when the caller ends the call, there should be a BYE coming from VOIPtalk to 3CX. Do you see this in the capture?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    is wireshark must be installed on the 3cx server
    or can be on a pc in the same lan
    please explan how to capture a call using wireshark

4. tomlinm

Hello

I do not see the BYE packet from VoIPtalk when in the voicemail section of the call, the 3cx box eventually sends a BYE to VoIPtalk ending the call.

However, during any other section of the call, VoIPtalk does send a BYE to the pbx

I have also raised this with VoIPtalk

Mark

5. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Wireshark must be installed on the same machine as the 3CX PhoneSystem to ensure that all the relevant packets are captured.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ads

Ads

Hi tomlinm (mark),

I'm having a very similar issue to you see: http://www.3cx.com/forums/calls-routed-to-voicemail-remain-connected-9624.html

I also use voiptalk as my SIP trunk provider and was wondering if you still have this problem or found a solution?

Thanks,
    Ads.

7. ciscotech2007

Sounds like your VoIP trunk provider is not acknowledging the hangup and issuing a BYE SIP message to deconstruct the SIP sessions(your call).

Speak with your VIP provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.