• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voip Client and QoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philco

Reaction score
Hi. I guess someone maybe has asked his already, but in an office where only 3cx voip client is used, can QoS be implemented on the users computer succesfully?

Phil

Philco said:
Hi. I guess someone maybe has asked his already, but in an office where only 3cx voip client is used, can QoS be implemented on the users computer succesfully?

Phil

Hi Phil,

"QoS" is not supported by VoIP Phone (at the moment).
Will it be enough to provide "TOS/DSCP" mark for outgoing packets or you need some specific support?

Thanks

The company in question looks like they want 20 active calls and they are quite capable of setting up TOS in their system. I wouldnt want to have them buy a 24 call licence and to find they cant use VOIP.

I've just been asked to look at the feasbility of installing client on 20 machines and 3cx on a server and my main concern was QoS.

Your recomendation how to provide TOS would be greatful.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.