• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

voip client does not provide ability to record or xfr calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

radelman

Reaction score
I have just purchased the small business edition with the understanding that I would have the ability to transfer calls, record calls, etc. These functions are greyed out in the voip client. Would anyone know why and how to fix this?

Richard

All options are greyed out while in desk phone mode. Check to ensure you are in headset mode. If the options are still greyed out in headset mode then check to make sure the server license has been activated. If it is, have the VoIP login to the 3CX server again.

Please update us.

have to you check to see if the logs were saying (after a restart) anything about the LoadLicenceInfo? - code : cm501010

The license is activated as evidenced by the call queing being available. Even in headseet mode the call record,call transfer features are still greyed out after I have logged in.

Ok - that is strange. I wonder if there is a new bug here. There is another person who has the enterprise version who's having problems getting his key to work - this could be related somehow.

Just a thought, have you checked to see if your package it update to date? Using the inbuilt update menu, when you log into the server?

I have gone to start, programs, 3cx phone systems and chosen the check for updates function and rebooted the server. Functions on the voip client are still greyed out.

I have discovered the resolution to the voip client not recording calls. According to a tech at Deerfield.com, the voip client will not record calls in desktop mode, only headset mode. One questions is why the option is even visible in desktop mode? The next questions is if the calls are being recorded in headset mode, in which directory/folder are these calls logged?

THe location of call recordings is here

c:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Recordings

The Record button does not work when 3CX phone is in Desktop mode. However we have added this as a feature request for version 6.

Just to clarify...

This is on the 3CX server machine; not the client machine that invoked the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.