• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VoIP Client Feature request

Status
Not open for further replies.

zensoftware

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure if this should be under feature requests or not?.

It would be very handy if there was an easy way to export and import VoIP client configurations. For example I have 10 Clients to setup for people and it would be great if I could get them to download the client and just open a config file that I had prepared for them. much easier that asking them to go through 3 pages of settings and expecting them to get it right.
An Ideal solution is if 3CX could generate the config file automatically but not a necessity.

I did notice that the VoIP client has a 3CXTunnel.ini file but this only contains the tunnel settings not the whole client.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Neil

All configurations options are stored in the Phone.ini file which can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Client\

This allows you to have different configurations for different users. The 3CXTunnel.ini is stored in the program directory since it's config needs to be global across all users on that machine.

I made a batch file to work this. Here's the code of the most important part of the file (Config3CXClient.bat) I send to the user with the Phone.ini file. You could also just copy the Phone.ini to the folder like darrellchapman said, but some basic users will propably won't be able to do it, so that's why I did a batch file to make the process automatic. This batch file is complete and working even if I removed some parts that are related to my network.

Code:
@echo off

:begin
cls
goto close3cx

:close3cx
echo 3CX Client is now closing
taskkill /F /IM 3CXVoIPClient.exe /T
taskkill /F /IM 3CXTunnel.exe /T
cls
goto install

:install
echo Configuration in progress
copy /y Phone.ini %userprofile%\LocalS~1\Applic~1\3CXVoI~1\
cls
goto installok

:installok
echo -----------------------------------------------
echo 3CX Phone System Client configuration completed
echo -----------------------------------------------
pause
goto end

:end
exit

Hope that helps you.

thats working. and is not so difficult also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.