VoIP Client not connecting to 3CX Server

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Scottm, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottm

I have just installed the 3CX VoIP Client onto a machine (XP Workstation) and are unable to get it to connect to the server (XP VM). Client version is 3CX VoIP Client 6.0.727.0 and Server is 3CX Phone System Version 6.1.0. I had download these as a trial. The error I keep getting on the server is "Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings". Is there any minimum password requirement in regards to lengh and characters? For simplicty I have been using ext 660, ID 660 and Password 660.

The full error is
    [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.0.135:5060 tid=d214325c64682b09 cseq=REGISTER contact=660@192.168.0.120:5070 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Am I missing something. Both units are on the same network in the same building.

2. Scottm

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that, that works fine. I guess now how do I get extension 660 to work as my in-dial is 600 - 699?

Regards

3. Scottm

Hi Matt,

I gave that a try but no luck with extension 661, but I had no problems with 101 the next in sequence. Tried 161 and that failed as well. It appears that it is only happy when they are in sequence.

Have you come across this issue before?

Thanks

4. goodwija

I have seen the same thing on both v6 and v7. From what I can see the extension number can be what you want it to be but the PIN has to be the same as the extn no., which is odd becuase with a hardphone it can be anything you want.

5. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Using 3CX VoIP Client V7.0.4184 I do not have this problem.

More specifically, If I change my PIN on the PBX, my VoIP Client stops registering. If I change the PIN field on the VoIP Client to the correct value, the VoIP starts to register again.

There was a known issue with previous builds, but should be resolved with this version.

Please note that this version is only for use with 3CX Phone System V7.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.