Voip Client TAPI problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zensoftware, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

HI,

Having tested the latest VoIP Client TAPI functions I can place a call using Outlook Contacts if I am using the VoIP Client in Headset mode.
    In this mode when you click on the dial contact button in outlook , the VoIP Client rings and is transferred directly to a call in progress to the external number. it connects and all is well.

If however you are using the Desk phone mode, The Desk phone rings and you get an announcement saying "Please hold while I transfer your call". then after about 20 seconds you get "Call Transfer Failed".

Having looked in the logs you get.

[CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:0123456789@127.0.0.1]

using the Headset mode the log reads...

[CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:0123456789@172.17.9.251:5060]

This appears to be the only difference i can see.
    Any ideas why it cannot transfer the call?

Cheers

Neil

2. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Re-tested this issue with the latest Beta of the VoIP Client (build 3974).
    The Error in the sytem log is the same but now on the phone you get an audio recording that loops saying "File Not Found".

Has anyone had TAPI working with a deskphone yet?

Any Ideas?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have just retested this and it works - i.e we cant reproduce it.

In desk phone mode, the call will be launched using an HTTP post request.

Visit this FAQ http://www.3cx.com/support/http-post.html and see if you can make calls via a post request and see if that works......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Hello

I have tested this and for my computer it works like a charm. Please make sure you have the following steps configured ok.

1) To call a contact, right click on the contact inside the Contacts section of Microsoft Outlook. You should see this menu. From the Menu select “Call Contact” .
    2) Then the next window that opens is “New Call” window.
    Here you see the number of the Contact you need to call and his/her number. Then press “Dialing Options”.
    3) The next Window you will face will be the “Dialing options” window.
    Choose the “Connect using line” field, you must select “3CX VoIP Client”
    4) If you need to change the port that 3CX Voip Client is communicating with the TAPI driver, then press “Line Properties” and specify the port. Default port is 4300.
    5) To change the port in the 3CX Voip Client press on “File/Connections/ “ and in the Ports Tab of the client there is a field name “Tapi port” . That port value has to correspond with the value that is configured in the TAPI driver. Default is 4300.
    6) Now to close everything just press “OK” twice until you are back to the "New call" window. When you are there all you need to do is press “Start Call” and the Tapi Driver will call 3CX VoIP Client and initiate the call.
    NOTE: If number specified on the contact is not an internal extension number but it’s an external number then you might need to modify the number and enter the outbound rule so that the VoIP Client calls the correct number.
    NOTE2: If you have made any changes during this procedure give the 3CX VoIP Client a restart just to be on the safe side.

Please let us know if you are continuing to have problems, with which version VoIP client you are having these problems and with which version PBX. Further more if you are using the phone in desktop phone mode as opposed to headset mode, let us know which hardware phone you are using with the Client.

Just to make sure there is confusion, "desktop phone" mode means that you need an actual hardware phone working with the 3CX VoIP client. So 3CX VoIP client works as a monitoring tool rather than a phone in that case.
    If you have it "headset" mode, then that means that you are using it as an actual VoIP phone can work independentatly as a normal softphone.

I hope this helps a little...

5. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

I have got to the bottom of this one now. The 'File Not Found' prompt was refering to the hold music file that was not being found. A recent version 5 upgrade of 3CX had broken this so I re added it in general settings and TAPI transfers all work fine now.

Cheers

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.