VOIP Client V7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by geocon, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geocon

I get a message "Deskphone mode requires http access to trigger calls from remote locations". I only get this on one work station. I have changed phone equipment and it still only happens on the one work station. I can make and receive calls, but when I try to use the client I get this message.

2. lirees

I also have the same problem!!!!!!

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    This problem should be fixed quickly if you go in the File../Preferences dialog box, and there (un)check - according to your configuration - the appropriate webserver which PBX is using. You don't have to restart the phone after this change, just close the dialog box and try again the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. geocon

I assume you are talking about File and Preferences in the client. Checking or unchecking the server box makes no difference. The client still does not work. Note that I am using the demo license. I have no problem with version 6.

5. geocon

It appears this is a firewall problem. The client cannot see the server with the firewall up. I can connect with the firewall down.

I am running 2003 server and IIS

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, geocon
    Yes, I reffered the File/Preferences in the VoipClient, since we talk about a Voip Client problem 8)

On the other hand, since we talk about a "HTTP request", in this case it's easy to test the firewall (to be honest, when I gave the previous answer, I assumed no problems with the firewall). Simply, try to access the PBX's IVR using a browser - Mozilla, IE. Please check following message, I guess it describes well the HTTP request mechanism. Hope this helps.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/version-7-api-info-8155.html#p41585

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.