• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voip Client won't re-register

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbk

Reaction score
Hi,

We licnesed 3CX about 10 days ago.

We are having trouble getting any softphone to work consistenly AND have presence.

The basic 3CX softphone works fine, no presence. Both eyeBeam and Bria Pro also work fine, no presence.

The 3CX Client does both, but very inconsistenly. After a day or two, it fails to even try to register. WireShark shows no activity from the Client, the tunnel allways connects readily.
The only thing that gets the Client going again is uninstall then reinstall.

The Client says either "Registering" or "Not Registered", but in either case it's not trying.
If there is something that can be done daily to get it going, we can live with that.

I appreciate your help.

Thank You,
Neil

Hi, Neil

Neil, 3CX Voip Client is no longer updated - it has been splitted in two distinct applications: 3CX Voip Phone, as a simple, general SIP phone, and 3CX Call Assistant, providing extended 3CX-specific call/presence management features.

Regards
vali

Hi Vali,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know when the 3CX will be ready to use in remote extensions.
I tried it on two different setups: 1) single machine with it's own fixed ip, firewall off, 2) Linksys WRT54GL router with static ip, machine on LAN, port forwarding enabled.
WireShark shows communication with 3CX phone system, but Assistant does not respond to the '407 Proxy Authentication Request'.
On both setups the 3CX VoIP Phone, eyeBeam and Bria Pro work fine.

Please Advise,

Take Care
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.