• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VOIP Connecting to Local Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentech

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have had multiple issues this past week with providers being unable to connect my calls to certain landline numbers. I've tried DIDforSale, Twiilo, and FlowRoute and they result in the call not getting accepted and then I get either a 503 Service Unavailable message or a 480 Temporarily Unavailable message in 3CX.

Has anybody had issues with this happening?

You should open a ticket with the carrier and ask why the call failed. Without a specific error code all we can do is guess.
It's not likely a 3cx issue.

You'd have to be more specific. If you are asking if anyone has ever had problems calling a number, then the answer is yes, even before VoIP. Have you tried talking to any of those providers? It's possible they are all using the same ULC to deliver the calls.

I did. They said that the carrier of the local number did not accept the call. Its strange because I have 5 different numbers with 5 different carriers listed all resulting in the same issue.

So it's been a while since I've run into problems delivering to numbers unless it was a fiber cut or something outside of our control. I remember in the early VoIP days with Vitelity you could have cheap routes or premium routes, and sometimes we'd have call deliverability issues and we'd open a ticket and they would change the routing for that NPA-NXX to go over a different provider but that was years and years ago. If any of your current providers aren't volunteering you help do some leg work to help you troubleshoot you might want to start looking for another provider. There's always the chance that it's something with that area as well, but I would press them to see if they can get you a better answer than 'they aren't accepting the calls'

Thanks Cobalt. Twilio is report Carrier PDD timeout exceeded. Must be something local. Ever hear of it happening is someone has some type of junk call blocker enabled? I thinking of some reason that might prevent the number from going through.

Reactions: accentlogic
Can you call them from your cell phone?
What number are you trying to call? (DM if you do not want public) I can do a quick check on the local routing carrier and make a test call from our network.

If it is a working number on your cell phone then there is an issue with the VoIP carriers. Like others mentioned could be a bad ULC route, but your carrier should be retesting to see if the issue is duplicated directly from their network, if yes then open a ticket.

Reactions: accentlogic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.