VoIP/DID Inbound Problem.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wzaatar, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wzaatar

Hello everyone,

I tried searching this issue in the forums, but didn't get any results. If it's redundant, I apologize and ask you to redirect me to the proper thread.

I have an "interesting" problem with a DID provider:

I have registered an account with a DID (DDI2.net), configured it on 3CX, works great outbound. On inbound, however it works for the first couple minutes and then if I dial my DID number again, it doesn't connect... However, if I dial out another number, then redial the DID back again.. It works for a couple more minutes but then dies back again.

Looks like the DID server needs some 'keepalive' mechanism?!?!

I'd appreciate if anyone can help with this issue.

Thanks,

Wadih

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Are you using the latest build 3752?

Can you post server status log?

Also are you using a fixed IP? if the IP changes during the time of registration this will not work....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wzaatar

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Here goes the status log:

I have just removed the real sip IP for my machine.
    From the above, you can see that I'm running a server on a 172.16.1.0/24 subnet, server is .2 and client is .110 (Server is not fixed IP, but it has a static lease).

Also, I've just downloaded and installed the latest build. Still the same issue.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

W.

4. wzaatar

Hi again,

I found the problem. The VoIP provider needs a very short re-registration period to work. I adjusted it to 60 seconds and now it's working perfectly.

I would like to add it to the list of supported providers, if it's ok with you.

Cheers,

Wadih

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.