Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voip Gateway configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by macrosoftnova, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrosoftnova

Hello there,

3CX don't responding to any calls. Although am very new to this product. Am using Linksys 3102, I have configured only PSTN LINE in Linksys 3102 for 3CX "I followed the Manual from 3CX http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE". The PSTN and VOIP POVIDERs that I configured in 3CX are green. The Extensions are red because the LINE 1 was not setup in the Linksys 3102 Since am not going for the ATA functions, only fews ones that were connected to X-Lite and 3CX that are green. Now my problems are: 1) How can I call my extensions from proper phone line?
    2) How can I place a call to a Voip provider that I have setup with a proper line?
    3) Placing a call in the extension(s) from outside line is not possible e.g dailing 100 or 102 etc.. from a proper phone line.
    Because the only thing am see here is making calls with the program with the miss of the extensions, I can't see any relationship between the Voip provider and PSTN that I have configured in 3CX, excuse me for my ignorance. I created DID number attached to Voip provider according to my Voip provider instructions and they were registered. Now how do I use the DID numbers?
    I have googled around but I can't find any tutorial on how to do this.

Best regards,
    Macrosoftnov.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The intent of the 3CX is to have a call coming in from your PSTN (3102) go to one (or more) of your extensions. You can put the extensions into a ring group to ring multiple sets or have an outside call ring only one line. You will have to tell 3CX what to do with an incoming calls on a trunk by trunk basis by directing calls to... one of the sets, a ring group or the automated attendant. If you are trying to call in on the PSTN line then dial back out on the VoIP trunk, well that gets a bit more complicated. It can be done going through the options on the voicemail. But, you should probably concentrate on getting incoming calls to go to an extension at first, then once you are familiar with what can be done, work on more ambitious projects. Have you downloaded and read the manual?

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

Please be a little more specific about what you are trying to do then we may be able to help

4. macrosoftnova

Hi there,

fisrt of all I just want to give a big shout-out and thanks to everyone out there. My main purpose is to configure 3cx to enable me to rout out calls through my voip account(s). I have setup the Voip accounts they are green and Idle also with the Gateway. I have setup DID to my Voip accounts then made some test by calling the DID from my the X-Lite or 3CX Voip phone. Is it possible to call a DID through a proper phone line? Lol I don't really know much about this stuff but it's interesting....

Now my problem is how to tell the Gateway where to send calls, at a time I created a queues and a rign group trying to make the Gateway send calls there but the reverse was the case, and the only place I was able to make the Gateway send calls to was the digital receptionist and all my calls ends there. Please any example will be helpful.

God bless you.

Macrosoftnova.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What do you want to accomplish? You are talking about gateways, VoIP accounts, outgoing and DID lines, soft phones.....Put it in a simple statement, something like this.... I want to dial a call from my mobile phone to a local PSTN number and have it ring a long distance number using my VoIP account.

6. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

It sounds to me like you need to build the outbound tree,

Dial 9 for Broadvox Account
    Dial 6 for Cebeyond Account
    Dial the number for PSTN line.

Login to the Management console and select outbound rules.
    Click Create New Outbound Rule
    You may have to edit the current outbound rule set if it exist.

Under "apply this rule to these calls"
    Calls to Numbers with Prefix < This Number should be the number to select the provider. In this case, 6 or 9. The PSTN line is setup differently.
    Calls to numbers with a length < For the PSTN line set this to 3,8-10, this will permit you to use the PSTN line like a regular phone and have 911 access.
    Select the route accordingly to the provider and make sure that strip digits is 1, except on the PSTN line where it should be 0.

Create an outbound ruleset for each provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. macrosoftnova

Thank you there,

I have edited the Outbound Rule for each Voips that was created before, according to tpinnovations instruction, but I think I still need some help to fix this. The Outbound Rules are ok now so what is the trick? so how do I tell Gateway to direct calls to different voip accounts?

8. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

The way I had you set it up, When you launch a call, say to 214-453-0060 you would dial the following.

Dial 9214453006 for Broadvox Account
    Dial 6214453006 for Cebeyond Account
    Dial the number with out a prefix for PSTN line or just 2144530060.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. macrosoftnova

Thank so much tpinnovations,

Maybe the setting might be the same for 2 reasons am not in the US and am not using "Broadvox Account" I'm in Switzerland and am using the JOMBLO and CALLCENTRIC provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.