Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VoIP Gateway y IP-BPX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by serjsk8, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serjsk8

Hello!
    I have a question regarding VoIP Gateway y IP-BPX.
    I have installed a 3CX Phone System, but I have some doubts regarding the best type of e VoIP Gateway to connect to PSTN lines.
    I have 3 ISDN BRI cables that reach our office from the telephone company´s switch board. Each U-interface enters its NT1 (Network Termination). NT1 transforms U-interface into S/T-interface and connects to IP-BPX Nortel M6501-R.

Do I hacve to use, for example, a "GrandStream GXW-4108 8-ports Analog FXO" VoIP Gateway and connect to IP-BPX Nortel?

Or do I need to use, for example, a "Patton SN-4634 3-port ISDN/BRI" VoIP gateway and connect directly to a ISDN BRI U-interface?

Thank you very much.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Its best to use a Patton ISDN gateway and connect directly to the ISDN trunks and bypass the nortel....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. serjsk8

THANKS!!!!
    And I should connect Patton ISDN/BRI to U-interface o connect to S/T-interface ?

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry but i dont know what interfaces you are referring to. Follow the Patton config guides and you cant go wrong. If you have a commercial edition with support package, you can also post a support request to our support portal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. serjsk8

Thanks a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.