VoIP Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by guine, Jun 5, 2007.

1. guine

Hello,

my company would like to try 3cx with a VoIP Gateway connected to 2 BRI with 10 DID. Are the following ones compatible?

Epygi Quadro ISDN
    Zultys MX25
    Bintec r1200 or r4100
    Patton SmartNode 4634
    Cisco 1700
    Quintum Tenor BX 204 or 408
    Lancom 1724

I have seen the list on http://www.3cx.com/support/voip-gateways.html but i prefer to be sure before buying a Gateway.

Thanks

Guillaume

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Well almost all of the ones in the list are not listed in our list so......

The only one in that list we have tested with is the Patton Smartnode.

3. marcoluce

Greetings Guillaume -

Patton also has a pretty recent product, the SmartNode 4554. It is a dedicated BRI PSTN gateway with 2 BRI ports (4 simultaneous voice calls). It works exactly the same as the SN4634 together with 3CX, but it is a better value. This because on the SN4554 you don't get the flexibility of the SN4634 (BRI on the latter are configurable USER/NET, you have the fallback relay, ISDN line power etc).

Hope this helps
    -Marco

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

HI Admin,

3CX only support Patton???? How about the other gateways, they are NOT support or NOT test yet??

To win this market share, we expected all standard SIP gateways should be supported by 3CX.

Regards,

5. marcoluce

Hi 5qg4,

3CX is SIP compliant so you should get most SIP gateways out there working with it :). What Nick mentions above is the lab testing done at 3CX I believe. They are adding more gateways along the road - if you click "add PSTN" on your most recent 3CX you'll see a list of a dozen or so gateways of different manufacturers that have been integrated.

Cheers
    -Marco

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Marco,

My meaning is 3CX ONLY support Patton's digital (ISDN, BRI, PRI and etc....) gateways? How about the other digital gateways? I don't care all the FXO analog gateways. Since, they are easy to setup.

I cannot found Patton reseller locally. Even I can buy from other country. How about the support. I only have limited english level. How to communicate with the support for fixed the issue.

Most of Patton gateways are using telnet (command line interface) to config. I prefer using GUI control program or web access.

Regards,
    5Q

7. xxxomxxx

im receiving a Lancom 7124 next week, so i will be able to test it.

should work without any problems as far as im concerned..i just like all the cool features of 3cx as the receptionist and the mailbox to email...

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The problem of the LANcom 1724 is that it tries to be a SIP server itself. To set it up as a gateway, you will have to create 4 virtual extensions on it and then create those extensions on 3CX. It will/might work, but setup is cumbersome.

Note that we have not tested things such as call transfer and so on on the Lancom. We have not tested with the device so we can not guarantuee it will work nor can we support you using it.

The Patton 4554 is cheaper then the LANcom, has an extra ISDN port, and works guarantueed with 3CX. Get that one instead :)

9. clammertink

Could you please post the config for the Patton 4554?

next friday we do an implementation and we want it to work as good as possible.

Thanx

Casper

10. federicom

Does it work with Lancom 1721? Could you give me the steps to setup it ? Thank you. Federico

11. Mori

Mori New Member

Will, we use Gateways/adapters Jensen Scandinavia GWBT and Welltech IAD 161.
    Phones: Micronet SP5100, Phillips Gigaset C2 and Phillips 1111.

Neither of them is in the list from 3CX but works just fine, so i guess that you dont need to trust blind on that list.