• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischevy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a trunk with voip.ms and I can't find a way to provide the name for the outgoing caller id. The number works fine, I can use any number in my extension's settings and it's displayed as the caller id number.

In the past, with another voip provider, I could use the name I wanted just by chaning the field "From:Display Name" to a custom value. It seems like I can't do this with voip.ms

I've tried to change the other fields (to a custom value but when I call somewhere, the caller id always shows Unknow Name with the right phone number.

Anyone know how to make this work ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem

Hi there!

If I understand correctly you have already found your way into the Management Console -> VoIP Providers -> Voip.ms -> Outbound Parameters tab.

This is pretty much all you can configure from the 3CX Point of View. Not all VoIP Providers allow users to send whatever they want in the "From : Display Name" field.
What I would do is contact them and ask them directly if they allow this.

Re: Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem

I think that my problem was with the number I was dialing to.
I called somewhere else and the caller ID works fine.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.