Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem [Solved]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrischevy, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischevy

Hi everyone,

I have a trunk with voip.ms and I can't find a way to provide the name for the outgoing caller id. The number works fine, I can use any number in my extension's settings and it's displayed as the caller id number.

In the past, with another voip provider, I could use the name I wanted just by chaning the field "From:Display Name" to a custom value. It seems like I can't do this with voip.ms

I've tried to change the other fields (to a custom value but when I call somewhere, the caller id always shows Unknow Name with the right phone number.

Anyone know how to make this work ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem

Hi there!

If I understand correctly you have already found your way into the Management Console -> VoIP Providers -> Voip.ms -> Outbound Parameters tab.

This is pretty much all you can configure from the 3CX Point of View. Not all VoIP Providers allow users to send whatever they want in the "From : Display Name" field.
    What I would do is contact them and ask them directly if they allow this.

3. chrischevy

Re: Voip.ms Outgoing caller id name problem

I think that my problem was with the number I was dialing to.
    I called somewhere else and the caller ID works fine.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.