Voip Phone on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MrKoen, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKoen

Not directly related to the v8 beta, though perhaps something that can be solved in v8. I've installed the 3CX Voip Phone v3.8571 on Windows 7 Ultimate. It works okay, though the GUI gets messed up after minimizing/maximizing the screen. It shows the default Windows border around the 3CX application and moves all the contents of the form in a way such that it makes the complete application useless. Only way to get the GUI back to normal again is to shutdown and restart the application. Minimizing to the tray and restoring it won't work either. Perhaps something you guys can look into and fix in the next v8 release? If desired, I can send you a screenshot of the messed-up state of the app on request.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. comresource

comresource Member

This may or not be related but a couple of weeks ago we were doing a 3CX demo. I couldnt get our projector to connect properly to the 3CX system so I used another laptop and opened a VNC session to it. The odd thing is that the 3CX voip phone would not show in the VNC session. It was open on the system I was connected to but it just would not show in the VNC session.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I am running Windows Ultimate RC2 in a domain enviroment with 3CX Voip client 7.0.4, I was unable to duplicate your issue. Are you by chance running an earlier version of 7?

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Koen

Thanks for your feedback. Such kind of visual behavior on some programs I've found 6-7 years ago, due to some video-card gadgets (like transparency, effects and so on) installed as add-ons, therefore between application and video card, gadgets having various bugs (some of them leading to a BSOD :mrgreen: ) Perhaps it might be the same situation here, in Windows 7, I don't know. I am interested to see a screenshot so, if you can, please post it here.

On the other hand, we are just about to release the 4.0 Beta of our voip phone, changed heavily exactly on its visual look. If you want to be the first one who test this Beta on your Windows 7, send me a PM with your eMail and I will send you the installer. However, it's just a matter of few days until release, but if you will encounter the same issues, it's better to know to "dig" on it. I attached a snapshot of our new voip phone.

Regards
    vali

Attached Files:

5. MrKoen

Hi all. It regards the final release of Windows 7 in my test setup (retrieved through my MSDN Premium membership in case people will say it isn't available yet - it is for subscribers). I will make some screenshots later today and post them in this topic.

6. MrKoen

Two screenshots how the 3CX Voip Phone looks in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 final English:

The red background is my Windows background:

As you can see the client is wrapped inside a "normal" window, though the client is still expecting the clicks on the original place. This makes the client useless since it's nearly impossible to guess where you must click to hit the right button:

Attached Files:

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yicks... pretty ugly :mrgreen: Never seen this before :roll:

Thank you for your feedback... and please check your PM.
    Best regards
    vali

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi again, Koen

yesterday we released the 4.0 Beta so, if you want, please try it on your Window 7 and tell me if it has the same issues. If yes, then I will create a small spy-tool :mrgreen: which I will send to you in an attempt to "explore" voip phone to see what's happen - that's because we tested both 3.1.xx and the 4.0 Beta on two Windows 7 machines and there were no problems.

Thanks
    vali

9. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I just attempted to deploy this over active directory to a group of windows 7 machines, it resulted in a epic failure.

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Any feedback is better than none :mrgreen: What kind of failure? :roll: :cry:
    Regards
    vali

11. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I'm working to find that out, It shows up in the installable applications list, however it doesn't install, and it doesn't trigger any errors in Client or Server. I have verified permissions.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try to deploy on a connected Vista and XP machine. That would be the next test I would do.
    If it works on Vista you can conclude that the problem is windows 7. Windows 7 happens to be still not ready.

13. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Alright, Well I finally got this working. I had to relink the GPO in order for the policy to take effect. I just rebooted the lab, and every machine came back with 3CX VoIP client on it. 8)

(Windows 7 x64, Server 2008 x64)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.