voip phone with easy switching between multiple users?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ihost, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihost

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a phone that supports multiple profiles where users can self serve switch between valid profiles?

I am looking for a phoen where i can pre-configure 3 or 4 profiles then have users easily switch to the active profile without having to log in or do anything complicated.

We have some support staff that sometimes come in to the office and i want to setup a couple of floater stations where someone can sit down, choose which "support" person they are and start taking calls (log into Q etc)

thanks in advance

james

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a "hotdesk" feature, where a user keys in a code/PIN , and the phone becomes "theirs"?

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Hotdesk-Feature/75888-9854

3. ihost

Yes exactly, although even a phone that had multiple profiles loaded and a user could choose which one is active would be fine... ie from the phone itself

any such phones exist? (although i love the hotdesk idea)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing a phone with multiple profiles, that doesn't mean that something, to that effect, can't be achieved, in some way. Many multi line (key) sets allow each line to be registered to a different SIP server, as a different entity, hence, perform a different extension function. This would still limit all other features/functions of the set. I think the hotdesk (like) function is what you are ultimately looking for. This way when a person sat at a location and entered their PIN (logged in), all keys on the set would be customized for them.

5. Ian Joyce

Yealink phones are able to do this with 3CX.

Here is a link to this on the 3CX blog:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/hot-desking-with-3cx-phone-system/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

It doesn' t really sound like any particular phone you would need, sound like the hot desk feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had recalled seeing the hotdesk feature request, but nothing to say that it was being worked on, or had been implemented yet. Learn something new everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.