Voip problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viktom3, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viktom3

Hello Everyone,
    I am using 3cx softphone with out any problem on my internet connection but when i try to connect my voip handset to router and try to use it for making call, i am not able to make calls or receive calls.
    I have done all the settings for voip hardphone but still not able to do calls.sip1 is blinking and when i dial any number PLEASE HANGUP shows.
    When i try to contact ISP, they told me that Port 5060 is blocked by them.But how i am using 3cx softphone, if port 5060 is blocked then how i am using softphone.

Please help me.

Tell me some different solution,So that my handset will work for me.

Thanks in advance
    Vikas

2. farsight

The killer is that the ISP is blocking 5060. You are done unless you map to a different port.

As far as the softphone, most likely it is using the 3CX tunnel (default port 5090, I think).

You could try a different softphone just for fun.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are using the 3CX softphone and you handset with a VoIP provider , not the 3CX PBX, correct?

I'm not sure what this really means. If they are blocking messages to their port 5060, then what port do they want to recieve messages on, they have to tell you that. They would have to send messages, to you, on whatever port your device registers with, whether it be 5060, 5061, or 5065 it's up to you to block those, not them. So. to me, their response does not make any sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.