Voip provider: 2 numbers assigned to account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeffj, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffj

I am using a Teliax account which has a toll free TN and a local TN assigned to my account. The account shows registered but only 1 of the numbers is hitting the port/trunk status page when calling them. This account has been used for 5 years on my previous VOIP PBX until today when moving over to 3CX. Both numbers are in the DID out/in config.

When i put either number on the port identification line either will work but not both assigned to the account as they have always in the past using my previous VOIP PBX.

Am I over looking something on manually configuring my provider?

-Jeff

2. nwhitfield

As well as setting up DIDs and rules for them, have you included them on the DID and Source ID tabs of the VoIP provider settings?

So, for example, I have the main number for my VoIP line in the provider config.

I then have the VoIP provider DID tab with the other ten numbers on it.
    And on the Source ID tab, all those numbers are added, and the 'Source identification by DID' box is ticked (this is v8; not yet upgraded to 9), with the SIP field option set to 'Request line: URI part' which matches what my provider uses to indicate the number called. Find out how yours is signalling, and set appropriately.

Then, my inbound rules route the numbers appropriately

3. jeffj

Yes, that was my issue. Reseller Allen Miller Consulting had replied with assistance as well stating the same thing but I have just been covered up with work today to tell you guys thanks for the info. Coming from Call Butler PBX this is a great product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.