Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VoIP Provider error 403

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efthimis, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efthimis

Hello,

I am trying to setup a new VoIP provider on my 3CX v12 PBX, it registered ok but when i tried to do an outbound call i took these error:
    Call or Registration to number@(Ln.10000@Provider_1) has failed. [ V4 Provider_IP:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=800 ] replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:provider_IP:5060

and other times:
    Call or Registration to Provider_Name has failed. sip:username@provider_hostname:5060 replied: 403 Forbidden; warning: Invalid User; from IP:provider_IP:5060.

On 'remote connections' the status is Registered and if i make a registration refresh it registers ok. Also i tried to connect this provider directly to a sip phone and it works with no problems.

What is wrong? I have many others VoIP providers on my PBX without problem. Is it an incompatibility with 3CX or something else?

Thanks!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

who is the provider?
    I have seen some providers work fine on endpoints and not on a PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efthimis

Hello,

First of all, my provider is not in 3CX supported provider list. I use generic provider template.
    I opened a support ticket to them and they tell me that their account works fine with other PBX (eg asterisk). So, is there any problem with 3CX? Are there any setting in order to make it works?

Also, sometimes it works, i can make 2-3 calls but then again 403 forbidden.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Without knowing the provider, I can not tell you what the issue may be. Every provider is different and may require a change in the incoming or outgoing parameters to make it work.
    I use a 3cx provider for my primary and have a backup route using a non-approved provider. But I tested it thoroughly and it works.
    I have had experience with others that I could share, but need to know who it is.
    If you are not comfortable sharing the info publicly, send me a PM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It may hate if an extension is trying to use caller ID for something the provider won't allow.
    Don't specify and see if it matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.