VOIP Provider - Extension i.e. DUS.net

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wolfgangkr, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfgangkr

Hello together,

I have the following situation that may somewaht differ from a standard configuration and am looking for support here.

My SIP Provider (DUS.NET) has 10 Sip accounts that each relate to one individual phone numer. Each sip account of the provider should be matched to one extension on the 3cx phone system. How can I accomplish this ?

I setup extensions with users and also setup the individual sip accounts in the VOIP Providers overview. Here I applie dthe configuration "Configure where calls should be routed during office hours" - "connect to Extension x"

Running the firewall test returned no errors and I can also easly connect any phone yet the outbound calls do not arrive at the extension. What shall I do here ?

Thak you

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Hi Wolfgang

Your outgoing problem is because there are no rules in your 3cx for outbound calls.

I also think you may have set this up harder than it needs to be (though it may be a misunderstanding on my part)

Are you saying you have a voip provider that provides you with 1 account and 10 dids? each did goes to 1 extension?

If so then you can set up the 1 voip provider in 3cx, add the 10 dids on the DIDs tab. Then in the inbound rules for each did you can route them to the extension.

Also go to each extension in 3cx and on the Other tab you can put the caller id (public DID number) for that extension.

If you do that and then go to the outbound rules and set one outbound rule (you have to fill in one of the rules - e.g. calls to prefix, calls from ext or calls to number with length of. Then in the route choose the provider and make sure Strip Digits is 0.

(If you want to use all extensions you can put a range in such as 100-999, if you want to use all number lengths, you can use 4,5,6,7,8,9, 10, 11 etc.)

If however I misunderstood and the provider gives you one account per did then you will have to set up the 10 providers and rules and also 10 outbound rules. In these rules you would match an extension to a route so put the extn number in the (e.g. 201) and then choose the route for that did and also make sure strip digits is set to zero again.

Does that help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wolfgangkr

Dear Mark,

thank you very much for your reply and please excuse for my later answer.

My first objective is to get calls from the voip provider connected to an extension. In this sense I have 4 SIP Accounts, each with one phone number that should be connected to one extension. Maybe I don't understand the DID concept correctly but my VOIP SIP provider just routes one public telephone number to one sip account. As such I have one acciunt i.e. Account A456 connected to telephone numer 004968892331 and Account A457 connected to telephone numer 004928892238

What confuses me is that I have setup the accounts in the tab VOIP Providers and here made the selection that the voip provider account A457 should connect to UserB and A456 should connect to UserA. When I yet make a call nor the extion rings, nor do I see that that the call arrives at the system in the "Server Activity Log" although I can see "Registreation succeed for: 10000@DUS mark.phoneuser"

What is the best way to setup a voip provider, or is there some kind of assistant avaliable to make this easier to achieve.

All the best,

Wolfgang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.