Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VOIP Provider Extension not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wolfgangkr, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfgangkr

Dear forum,

I have posted a similar topic on this, yet in between understand that my problem maybe somewhat different that I originally described.

What I want to do is, I have an external voip provider, where I have a sip account, this sip account again holds a telephone number that I would like to rout inbound to a certain destination. So far I have created a voip provider and entered the credentials so, that I can see that the sip account has been sucessfully registered with 3cx. Once I look into the network analyzer I see the following statements:

78739 22:41:59 18.03.2011 2962.9615642 SIP SIP:Response: SIP/2.0 200 OK {SIP:66, UDP:65, IPv4:64}
    79943 22:42:59 18.03.2011 3022.9806867 SIP SIP:Request: OPTIONS sip:000387809879@95.1.1.1xx:5060;rinstance=6d21eb2e221e7c57 SIP/2.0 {SIP:66, UDP:65, IPv4:64}

When I place a call, I would expect to register some kind of frames on the network analyzer, yet this is not the case. What shall I do here ? I have checked the firewall and all setting are ok.

Thank you,

Wolfgang

2. willow

willow Member

You would to actually try a call. Sip will send stun messages if you are using it ever 20 minutes or so. you will not see any packets for the trunk until a call is actually going out or coming in on it. once you make a call it the sip trunk will either try and register or complete depending on if you have a ip based or register based sip account.

you would also need an inbound role and/or outbound role to route the call to a destination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wolfgangkr

Dear Jeremy,

thank you for your reply. I have really tried all I can but maybe my logic is somewhat limited ;-). Is there any documentation asides from the material provided by 3cx as to how to setup a voip provider with sip accounts and route the communication as I described it ?

Thank you,

Wolfgang

4. willow

willow Member

each provider usually has a sample config that they post in their support sections. but i think that the ones that i have read all require some form of sip knowledge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.