• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VOIP Provider Extension not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgangkr

Reaction score
Dear forum,

I have posted a similar topic on this, yet in between understand that my problem maybe somewhat different that I originally described.

What I want to do is, I have an external voip provider, where I have a sip account, this sip account again holds a telephone number that I would like to rout inbound to a certain destination. So far I have created a voip provider and entered the credentials so, that I can see that the sip account has been sucessfully registered with 3cx. Once I look into the network analyzer I see the following statements:

78739 22:41:59 18.03.2011 2962.9615642 SIP SIP:Response: SIP/2.0 200 OK {SIP:66, UDP:65, IPv4:64}
79943 22:42:59 18.03.2011 3022.9806867 SIP SIP:Request: OPTIONS sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=6d21eb2e221e7c57 SIP/2.0 {SIP:66, UDP:65, IPv4:64}

When I place a call, I would expect to register some kind of frames on the network analyzer, yet this is not the case. What shall I do here ? I have checked the firewall and all setting are ok.

Thank you,

Wolfgang

You would to actually try a call. Sip will send stun messages if you are using it ever 20 minutes or so. you will not see any packets for the trunk until a call is actually going out or coming in on it. once you make a call it the sip trunk will either try and register or complete depending on if you have a ip based or register based sip account.

you would also need an inbound role and/or outbound role to route the call to a destination.

Dear Jeremy,

thank you for your reply. I have really tried all I can but maybe my logic is somewhat limited ;-). Is there any documentation asides from the material provided by 3cx as to how to setup a voip provider with sip accounts and route the communication as I described it ?

Thank you,

Wolfgang

each provider usually has a sample config that they post in their support sections. but i think that the ones that i have read all require some form of sip knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.