Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VoIP Provider Fail Over Facility

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhc, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhc

Hello,

I am currently experiencing problems with my current VoIP provider and was wondering if 3cx had any faoil over facility for VoIP providers.
    The idea being that if one provider failed for whatever reason, 3cx would use the other VoIP provider.

Thanks in advance

Simon

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can register more than one VoIP provider wtih 3cx, so if one fails you will automally youu be able to utilize teh fail over trunk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

the issue will be that playing one provider with or against another is .......who has your numbers? while you might be able to have your numbers forwarded to the other and vice versa, try and find a provider that internally has the capability to shift from one site to another.

4. lneblett

the issue will be that playing one provider with or against another is .......who has your numbers? while you might be able to have your numbers forwarded to the other and vice versa, try and find a provider that internally has the capability to shift from one site to another.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

@ineblett a large of amount of ITSPs allow you to register a trunk at more than one location, however if that trunk goes down at one location due to an issue on the internet going out it will go down at all locations so there is no actual redundancy in that scenario.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lneblett

JP,

I took the issue as being "experiencing problems with my current VoIP provider". What those problems are I do not know. However, I do think that most providers will attempt to resolve the issues if at all possible and that more of the larger providers have more than one center so that if problems arise at one location, then switching to the other center might offer relief. It simply depends on what the issue is and the problem was not fully defined.

I did not know if his current provider is one that employs multiple sites or not, but thought I would mention it so that he could explore the option and failing that, perhaps seek out a new provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.