VoIP provider in Canada

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kamyau, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamyau

Hi all,

I have set up a 3CX in Toronto Canada. Can someone give me some good VoIP provider in Canada? I have make some tests with Xeloq. It work but there are some noticable delay during the conversation. Since Xeloq is from Holland. I guess may be that is the reason.....

Tks

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

The delay with Xeloq shouldn' t be directly the problem. I called with Australia with no noticable delay.
    But try voipproviders like voipbuster, voipcheap, or sipdiscount, since they offer low rate for acceptable quality.
    It depends where you want to call to, or where you call from. Just google on " voipprovider, canada"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. madlac

I'm using Acanac for more then a year. For 10 $ you are getting a local number of your choice and unlimited Canada- USA. :)

4. mickmarrs

Allstream sells a sip trunk service, but these are geared to large accounts. Do you want a Allstream account team in suits to visit you for the next 3 months to 'discuss your requirements'? Or concur with previous post try Acanac or Voxbone.

5. kamyau

Thanks for all the advices.....

Really interest in how All Stream charge on Sip trunk? Are u using them rite now .. .. ?

tks

Kam

6. Halea

Halea New Member

For over 2 yrs I've been using InPhonex, which is a Canadian company. Very happy with the service although it's not the cheapest, but it has been very dependable and scalable. Referred it to many friends, they have all been happy so far. InPhonex has a pay as you go service that you can buy for $10 and try out.
    Halea

7. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I'm currently in the process of looking for a VoIP provider. I've looked at the specs of all the providers you talked about and some more I found, I might be willing to try Acanac or AllStream, they both look interesting, except I have no idea how much it would cost for AllStream, I can't find the information on their Website. Anyone here can tell me that?

If I can't find it, I will most likely going to use Acanac as their most basic service is already really interesting.

8. gpsjeff717

I am in Alberta, Canada.
    I have been using the following VoIP providers with good results:

InPhonex
    They have been my primary VoIP provider for the past year. Overall the VoIP phone service has been good and reliable. Their prices are a little on the high side. I only use them because they are only one of a few companies that offer e911 service in Canada.
    However, I am not impressed with the technical support staff.
    They are not a Canadian company - they are based in Miami, Florida.

CallCentric
    I used them as my seconday VoIP provider. I have had good VoIP service with them. Their rates are good, but not the cheapest. They are a USA based company. I like the fact that they have Calling Card access features. Their customer service is generally good.
    I especially like their web account Control Panel. It is very well organized.
    They were my secondary provider only because they do not offer e911 service in Canada.
    Thus, I recently dropped their DID service in exchange for Voip.ms.

Voip.ms
    I have recently dropped CallCentric in exchange for Voip.ms as my secondary DID VoIP phone service. Two primary reasons for this choice:
    1. They are in the process of implementing and activating e911 service in Canada.
    2. Their DID origination rates are very competitive.
    3. Their termination outgoing rates are among the cheapest in Canada, and USA that I have found.
    4. Voip call quality is generally very good (especially considering the low call rates)
    5. So far, their customer service and technical staff seem very good.
    6. They have multiple points of presence. They are a USA company, but also have office servers in Canada.

I like the fact that I can register with their Canada servers and have less latency than if using the USA servers.

I am currently in the process of waiting for them to implement my e911 service in Alberta, Canada.
    If this transition goes well and they continue to provide good service, I will likely stop using InPhonex as my primary VoIP DID service and give that spot to Voip.ms.

Les.net
    I periodically use Les.net as a backup service provider. They are a Canadian company. I have had good results when testing their service. Their termination rates are very good in North America. Their DID's and origination rates are competative. They are a growing and innovative company.
    The only reason they have not become my primary, or secondary provider is because they have not yet implemented e911 services. But, they say they are working on it.

If I switch to Voip.ms as my primary DID origination service, I may likely implement Les.net as my secondary provider. It will be a toss-up between les.net and callcentric. Which ever company implements e911 first will likely win that spot for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.