Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VOIP Provider losing settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lemuppet, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemuppet

Hi

I have installed 3CX system 12.5 and when I apply specific settings to my VOIP provider (in particular overriding outbound from IP address and inbound source identification) they are being saved, but when you view the VOIP provider they are not shown. This means that calls will then work until someone else makes a change and then your settings are completely overwritten.

Has anyone else had this issue / have a fix?

Steve

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi Steve,

Can you elaborate further on your issue ? If someone has access to the management console and has the rights to edit the VoIP provider then these changes will over-ride the previous one's.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lemuppet

Hi

Thanks for your reply - I have been hunting this problem down for the last couple of days and have discovered that the 'Apply' button may not always be working. Maybe I am not waiting long enough, but because you get no feedback the temptation is to move to the next page and carry on...

It seems that if I use the OK button it appears to save more consistently. I wonder if this is simply because this page (the Outbound Params on the VOIP Provider) has a lot of data to be saved - rather than a few text boxes this has about 20 lines of data to be saved?

I am going to persevere this route and see if I can get it to consistently save with this approach.

Many thanks,

Steve

4. lemuppet

Right - I have been testing, basically it doesn't always save the changes. Very frustrating....Whether you click OK or Apply sometimes the settings are changes sometimes they are not. I have had to enter them 3 or 4 times to get them to stick.

This is mainly happening on the Outbound Parameters, Inbound Parameters and Source ID tabs.

I am now saving, going back in to the settings and checking they have applied - then repeat - until they stick.

The box is a test box, so there is no reason for it to be the DB to be too busy as no active calls are hitting it.

Thanks

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.