Voip Provider on 5160 can LAN phones on 5060?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mp2281, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mp2281

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to use a non standard sip port 5160 for incoming and outgoing to my Voip Provider but have all my phones on the LAN register to the 3CX server on 5060. It appears because I setup the Voip provider to use 5160 non of the phones on the LAN will not register via default sip port 5060.

Thanks!!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you register with most VoIP providers, the registration process tells the provider which port you wish to be "reached" on. Theoretically, that could change each time a device (3CX) registered. I'm not sure why your port would be fixed in stone.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

In all cases some routes can modify the port if necessary (expected by provider).
    Nevertheless, there should not be any problems with using different ports for providers and extensions.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. new25

Very well, how would I configure this to use a different port for my provider say 5160 and 5060 for my phones?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think that it comes down to this...3CX listens on one port number. You can set that to what you want but you shouldn't have to set a different one for your provider to contact you on. They may say that they want you to register on a different port number, but that is up to them, they can use 5061, 5062, or whatever, and you should still be able to use 5060 at your end.

If you want to use 5160 as the port that 3CX "listens" on, then you need to set up all of your devices to register with 3CX on that port. Those devices can continue to use port 5060 as their own port number.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Yes,

this is absolutely correct, depends what you need / what you want to achieve.
    Generally, there is no big issue in changing ports (not helping against attack for long time).

You can always use routers that can correctly change ports used in SIP NAT (like Cisco 800 series and others).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 3cx

3cx

On my PBX i running my phones on 25060 and my VOIP providers on 5060 therefore it definitely can be done.

I would contact my Voip provider since all Voip providers with 3CX are pre-configured so as to enable Interoperability between the given Voip provider and 3CX. Once you have that done then change the appropriate settings in the "Edit VOIP Provider" page in your Management console.

I hope this helps

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

One of the easiest ways (depending on your router) is when forwarding ports from external to internal address of your 3cx system is to change the ports, assuming the phones register to default ports. Generally you can do this in several ways, depending what you want to achieve. Mind that you may still need to register to provider at port 5060, while your system expects to be contacted at port 25060 (according your example). The provider should take in consideration (not all of them will accept it).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.