VOIP Provider Refresh Registration Script

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Urbok, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbok

Urbok New Member

Hi all

I need to konw if there is a sort of script to force voip provider registration refresh every 5 minutes. My provider, (italian eutelia) when I loose connectivity, drop my 3cx connection but 3cx ramain connected (greed light on provider registration).
    If I do a manual registration refresh clicking refresh registration on voip providers menu', 3cx reregister the account and everything works perfect!!!

anyway if there is no scripts to do this automatically I need to know if I can force registation expiration every 5 minute to let 3cx re-register the voip provider every 5 min.

thankyou all

bye

2. Urbok

Urbok New Member

noway to get a re-registration voip script?

3. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

You can specify whatever Registration Refresh interval you like in the "Advanced" tab in field "Time between Registration Attempts".

However, if you are using a Dynamic Public IP Address, without port forwarding, then you can expect this sort of problem - especially if your ISP is putting you behind ANOTHER layer of NAT.

You are strongly recommended to use a Static Public IP Address, with port forwarding implemented as described in the documentation resources:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Urbok

Urbok New Member

We already use a static IP without use of STUN server. We publish the public IP direcrly in registration parameters.
    We have a PAT of 9000-9500 UDP and 5060 TCP/UDP ports over our public static ip address.

This registration refresh interval is an inconditional parameter? the problem is that when registration is gone, looking at 3cx console we see the green color on the trunks (but incoming calls don't work). if we click to refresh regitration, the color of trunk remain green but restart working for 24/48 hours.

I need an unconditional registration refresh time interval. (to force a re- registration timeout also if the voip provider looks correctly registered)

Thank you very very much.

5. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

If you have Port Forwarding enabled, and you have a static public ip address, and STILL you see this problem, these are the only reasons I can think of to have this problem:

1. Your WAN-to-LAN device has a SIP ALG or Helper active - if yes, you should deactivate it
    2. Your ISP is playing games with your SIP traffic
    3. There is some other SIP entity (a phone, or another PBX) which is ALSO registered with the same account with the VoIP Provider.

If it is item 2 or item 3, you will need the support of your voip provider to help resolve this issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Urbok

Urbok New Member

Ok SIP ALG is now disabled. let'see if the problem persists.

bye

7. aesteve

aesteve New Member

I have the same problem. My Sip ALg is disable and he problem persist.

8. Urbok

Urbok New Member

Yes. The problem persists. With v6 version I've solved modifying the php page used to re register the voip.provider. With v8 that is developed in .net I'm not able to do the same thing.
    I can officially ask a parameter to have an uncondidional re register every 5 mins or so...

Please it's important becausr I think that providers (italian like eutelia) plays with our sip packets.

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please post the log which will show the registration procedure? (I mean the 3cxphonesystem.trace.log which shows SIP messages)
    It will help us to avoid miscommunication.

Thanks

10. Urbok

Urbok New Member

You mean the v6 modified php page that I've scheduled every 5 mins or the full log of my 3cx when I register my eutelia voip provider? Let me know. Ps I can also post you in PM an eutelia voip account with credit to test directly the problem.

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I mean that the logs of 3CX PBX contain all information related to the "registration procedure". It includes the content of all SIP messages which were sent and received.

12. Urbok

Urbok New Member

where can I found this log?
    3cxphonesystem.trace.log

I need to modify something to produce this file?

13. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Logs
    or else best way is to, open the Management go to Settings > Advance and Select Verbose in the Logging Level section. Then go to Help and Select generate support info. Save the.zip file and send it to us.
    Thanks

14. Urbok

Urbok New Member

Ok I've the zip file.
    please someone can pm me an email so I can send the file?

thanks

15. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

mb@3cx.com

16. aesteve

aesteve New Member

i opened a ticket and send captures with wireshark and the generate suppport zip file.

The answer to this question by the technicians is that my VoIP provider, some times, reject my ip. But i don´t understand because if i refresh manually, the IP is accepted.

17. Urbok

Urbok New Member

the problem here persists.
    a little workaroung like a webpaged that do not require autentication launched with a command line browser scheduled every 5 mins may very very help!!!

waiting for an official solution we need an unconditional voip re-registration script.

another scenario is a little connectivity ADSL down. if the connectivity come back after 30 seconds 3cx trunks looks registered but if I call from outside voip numbers is the provider answering that the number is unreachable!
    but looking at 3cx seems all OK!.

So I push the re-register button and magically all works again!!!

18. Peppihase

Hi,

we are currently testing the 3CX VOIP Phone System in our office. But we have got exactly the same problems here. Our ISP forces a disconnect of our connection every 24 hours. After this disconnect the VOIP Lines in the 3CX System still seem to be properply connected, but they could not be called. I need to do a manual refresh of the VOIP Lines every morining and everything works fine again. We are also in need of a workaround or a better solution.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

André

19. rinux

Hi,

Same here with BudgetPhone as a Voip provider.
    No re-registration and after 10 minutes my phonenumber is unreachable when the provider is stil listed green registered (idle).
    How to fix this? I'd like to use 3CX as my pbx but it has to be able receive external calls.

Regards,
    Rinux
    The Netherlands

20. rinux

Hi Guys,

In Voip provider advanced settings
    Changing the "Which IP to use in 'Contact' field for registration:" From External (STUN resolved) to specified ip: (filled in my static external internet ip) seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.