VoIP provider with no auth

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by extrascope, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extrascope

I am trying to configure our VoIP provider on our new 3cx install. However, whether I select generic sip trunk or generic VoIP provider, I am still asked to enter authentication details. Our provider does not require authentication. Please help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It might help if you posted the name of the provider, as someone on the forum may also use the same company.

Most providers require security of some sort, even if registrations isn't a requirement. That might be your fixed IP, or simply your user name (number), along with a password.

You may try filling in the "required" spaces with redundant data. If it isn't used by your provider, it may just be ignored.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

I put some values because I must, and after that when i created Generic sip trunk/provider under the "Voip providers" I select that voip provider and click "advanced tab" and under "Require registration for:" -> do not require

4. willow

willow Member

just put anything in there and then set the trunk to authentication not required for calls

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

doesn't matter what you put in to authenticate you can simply set "authentication not required for calls"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. extrascope

Thanks for the help guys. I will test and report back. The provider is gamma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.