VOIP Providers Line NOT Clearing Down

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gbg2001, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbg2001

Hi there, Hopefully some one can help me, If I get an incoming call on one of my VOIP Provider Lines (Direct registration with my VOIP Provider) If the caller hangs up before answer or the call goes unanswered, the line does not clear down and the extention that was rining continues to ring, I had one line that held open for over 45 mins. I can stop the phone ringing by answering it, but the line still shows as in use in the Ports/Trunk Status window I tried going to the Services Status and restarting all but this does not work I go to Services and re-start the 3CX Phone system and that clears the line.

I am using>

Win XP
    3CX V7 (Downloaded 3 days ago)
    I use VOIPfone.co.uk as my provider (Every thing else work 100%)
    Virgin Media is my ISP (Doubt that matters too much, considering aevery thing else is OK)

Any help wpuld be greatfully appreciated..

All the best and thanks

Glen

PS Excuse the Spelling :roll:

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Can you take a wireshark capture on the PBX? Specifically, when the outside caller hangs up the call, do you receive a SIP "BYE" message from your voip provider?

Best,

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gbg2001

Hi thanks for the reply,

Firstly I must add that If I answer the call and chat to the caller the line clears as it should!

I can take a wireshark capture on the PBX, if I knew what Wireshark was :oops:

Cheers again, Glen

4. gbg2001

Hi. Further to the last message I have downloaded Whiteshark, and I think I have captured a file with 3CX active and showing a line that does not clear down..

I forgot -- I also run IVR if the caller presses any of the options in the IVR then hangs up the line clears A OK BUT if they hang up without pressing any of the options, IE whilst I am still talking and giving the options to them, this will cause the error of not clearing down.... Any help still appreciated.

Glen, Hopefully file attached.

Attached Files:

5. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Your VoIp provider is not sending a BYE message when the external person hangs up. When the conversation is done....one end needs to send a BYE to the other. If the external caller hangs up, then your provider needs to send the BYE, otherwise 3cx has no way to know the call is done. If someone internal to your PBX hangs up then 3cx sends the BYE to the provider. This is why it works fine when you hang up but not when the caller hangs up. You will have to talk to your VoIP provider on this.

Are you using a supported provider?

Best,

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

If you can please capture another call where you answer and hang up on the 3cx side and the line clears so we can be sure.

Thanks.

Best,

Mike

7. gbg2001

Hi Mike

Firstly I have contacted my VOIP provider and asked them what they do at the clear down of the call etc, I will let you know what they say...

I am using VOIPfone.co.uk (have done so now for several years. Do not fancy changing)

I also attach A RAR file with 3 Wireshark reports for you In It.

1. Shows an external call, which is answered and cleard down A OK
    2. Shows An Internal Call answered and cleared A OK
    3. Shows an Internal call nOT answered but still cleared A OK.

Hope these help and again many many thanks for all your time and help i really appreciate it.

Glen

EDIT---- My ISP has replied to my questions and they say that they always provide the BYE when a caller hangs up.

Glen

Attached Files:

8. worksighted

worksighted New Member

I believe this appears as I thought. These look normal. And when the call with the external person is hung u on the 3cx side first, 3cx sends the expected BYE message to tell the VoIP provider the call has ended.

In your origional post you were receving RTP (audio) all the way until the end of the capture. So, as far as 3cx is concerned, the call is live. WHen the external person hangs up your provider should send a BYE.

Best,

Mike

9. gbg2001

I got this back from my provider this morning..

I believe we actually send a ‘CANCEL’ rather than a ‘BYE’ if the call has not been answered.
    Please provide your account number and last three digits of your account password and we can run a trace to see what's going on.

Is it possible to set 3CX to respond to both the BYE and the CANCEL commands??

Cheers for all your help

Glen

10. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Hi. 3cx will respond to both. CANCEL should be sent by the provider if the external caller hangs up before you answer the call on the 3CX side. BYE shoudl be used if the external caller hangs up on a live call.

The issue I have, is that in your original wireshark post where you say the the external hung up but the line stayed open....neither of these happen and you are receiving an audio stream from the provider all the way until the end of the capture. Its like when the xternal caller hung up, they didnt send anything and kept sending you audio (presumably silence).

You need to do this with them on the phone while running a capture on their system and capturing a wireshark on yours.

Best,

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.