Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

voip providers registration error with version 12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giorgiobusoni, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giorgiobusoni

Hello,
    since I update to version 12, voip providers start failing to registrate continuously a short time after the start of the server.

I user messagenet and ehiweb.it as providers.

I wrot to both tecnical supports, despite the fact that both errors started 1 hour right after upgrading to version 12, and so I think the problem is due to 3cx, not them.

Here is the answer from messagenet support (italian):

and google translation:

How to fix this problem?

2. jed

jed New Member

Hi

Did you by any change select the HTTPS option when installing your 3CX server?
    - or did you install on s server where this option was selected (eg from a beta release of v12)

There might be a problem by this, which is reportet to 3CX Support, and now passed on to the Development team.

In my case the V12 was registrating several times at the SIP provider.

/Jesper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

This issue is known to 3CX as we reported it last week. its currently with the developers to work on a fix.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. giorgiobusoni

is there any workaround in the meantime?

How mich time for the fix, approximately?

1 day?
    1 week?
    1 month?
    many months?

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

The QA team has provided me with a patch for the 3CXPhoneSystem.exe file which is inside the path: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin

PLEASE NOTE that this patch has NOT gone through any tests except for the multiple registration issue, so be aware that it may not necessarily be adequate for production use, and also make sure you retain the previous version of the file before replacing it should you choose to implement it.

You can download the patch here: http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v120/support/64bit/3CXPhoneSystem.exe

Note also that this patch can only by applied to a 64-bit system.

6. AdvancedDistribution

We're having a similar issue. We just upgraded one of our facilities to V12 yesterday morning (we have 4 servers currently, 3 remain on v11)

We have bridges that are setup between our facilities and they've been working fine on V11.

Several hours after the upgrade to V12, the bridges that this building connects to have been constantly losing registration.

It then fails to re-register "Call or Registration to A/ B has failed. sip:20003@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060 replied: 407 Proxy Authentication Required"

Several minutes later, the registration will succeed.

It will do this 2-3 times every hour, with the bridge being down at minimum 5minutes per incident.

It seems that the bridges where this server is the "slave" are the ones that fail. The one bridge where this is the "master" has not had issues.

We're running Windows 7 32bit..Is there a patch for the 32bit version that resolves this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.