• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VoiP Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuey227

Reaction score
I'm looking to have 4 lines. I'm using Broadvoice (New York), and contacted them to find out how many calls I can make with the 1 line. They had said 1, and if I want more to add more lines.

If I add more lines, won't my outgoing caller ID will be different each call I make, which isn't ideal.

I'm curious to what others are doing for 4 lines?

Thanks!

Good morning

I am also using BroadVoice.

My Broadvoice lines each have 2 channels enabling me to have 2 simultaneous calls on each of the lines.

So for 4 simultaneous calls I use 2 BroadVoice lines with 2 channels each.

Take care

how does that work for incoming calls? i have 1 business phone number. with this scenario would i be only able to handle 2 incoming calls, and 2 outgoing calls at one time?

thanks for your help

Hi

With one BroadVoice line you can have 2 simultaneous calls.

Click Manage under Lines on the left of the 3CX management interface.
Check the BroadVoice Line and then click "Edit Selected".
Click Other Options
In the "Maximum simultaneous calls" field enter 2.

You can now have 2 seperate calls on the same phone line.
ie. you can handle 2 incomming calls, or 2 outgoing calls or 1 incomming and 1 outgoing call on the same line.

It is better if you start thinking in terms of channels instead of lines. Some providers actually provide more channels per line then others and some providers have a way to have 10 + channels on a single line.

Anyhow I hope this helps,

Take care

i believe i do understand. and it does help, but at any given time i may have 4 incoming calls or 4 outgoing calls.

i only have one phone #, which is one channel, so then i can only have 2 incoming calls right? atleast with this scenario...

am i on the right path?

i need to have 1 phone number, and 4 incoming and 4 outgoing calls, with a reliable and high quality voip provider.

hello

Whith a VoIP provider that allows 2 channels per line you would need to have 2 lines (2 phone numbers) in order to handle 4 simultaneous calls. It is best to think in terms of 1 call = 1 channel.

Take care

i do understand that.

what reliable and high quality voip provider (nyc) will provide the ability to have multiple channels with one phone number.

hello again

I am currently using BroadVoice and Vitelity.

Both these providers allow up to 2 channels per line.

There are others available as well:

Check out the site below:

http://comparevoipproviders.org/

There are also other sites that compare providers as well.

Take care

I think SIPGATE does this. Why don't you just send an email and verify before getting an account as I am not 100% sure. 1 account/line with 4 channels is what you need basically.

I received this back from sipgate, "unfortunately, we don't offer our service at all in USA"

any other recommendations?

I'm using nexVortex. With their Business Office & Pro Plan you can have as many incoming and outgoing calls on 1 line. The only problem is there is a set # of outgoing minutes on this plan (1200 & 2000/month). So a busy office with lots of outgoing calls might go over.

Only limit at that point is bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.