• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

voip provoder registration forced expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbok

Reaction score
it's possible to force registration expiration voip providers trunks?
I try to explain. I've a dinamic ip address. when we register 3cx with our voip provider, if the ip changes the voip line becomes unreachable until we click the refresh registration buotton under voip providers tree.
I need a forced expiration registration timeout so 3cx re-register automatically all voip providers every 30 minutes (so if the dinamic ip changes, there is maximun 30 minutes of unreachable lines.)

let me know if it's possible thanks

Yes under the settings for the voip provider on the Advanced tab there is a setting Time between registration attempts in seconds.

no it's not what I mean. time between registration attempts it's the time between registration retries. when registered the voip provider stay registered without time limit. I need a time limit of green registrations to force an expiration and re registration.

How often is your dynamic IP changing? It seem unusual, as long as something, is using the IP, to have it just , change

it changes every 12-24 hours, but if changes at 10:00 am phone numbers stays unreachable until I press refresh regstration!!!

That seems very odd behaviour for an ISP, to take away an IP you are currently using, just to give you another one....they must be very short of IP's.

Marks advice about the registration time in the trunk settings should work, if your VoIP provider 'plays" along. You can put in a registration time (lower than what they tell your device, that they want), and that should do it. In the 3CX log, there should be an entry every time 3Cx makes a registration attempt. If you set it to something so low, perhaps every 5 minutes, then your provider could possibly have a problem with that. You should ask them, what the minimum registration time is, that they will support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.