Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

voip provoder registration forced expiration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Urbok, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbok

Urbok New Member

it's possible to force registration expiration voip providers trunks?
    I try to explain. I've a dinamic ip address. when we register 3cx with our voip provider, if the ip changes the voip line becomes unreachable until we click the refresh registration buotton under voip providers tree.
    I need a forced expiration registration timeout so 3cx re-register automatically all voip providers every 30 minutes (so if the dinamic ip changes, there is maximun 30 minutes of unreachable lines.)

let me know if it's possible thanks

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Yes under the settings for the voip provider on the Advanced tab there is a setting Time between registration attempts in seconds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Urbok

Urbok New Member

no it's not what I mean. time between registration attempts it's the time between registration retries. when registered the voip provider stay registered without time limit. I need a time limit of green registrations to force an expiration and re registration.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How often is your dynamic IP changing? It seem unusual, as long as something, is using the IP, to have it just , change

5. Urbok

Urbok New Member

it changes every 12-24 hours, but if changes at 10:00 am phone numbers stays unreachable until I press refresh regstration!!!

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That seems very odd behaviour for an ISP, to take away an IP you are currently using, just to give you another one....they must be very short of IP's.

Marks advice about the registration time in the trunk settings should work, if your VoIP provider 'plays" along. You can put in a registration time (lower than what they tell your device, that they want), and that should do it. In the 3CX log, there should be an entry every time 3Cx makes a registration attempt. If you set it to something so low, perhaps every 5 minutes, then your provider could possibly have a problem with that. You should ask them, what the minimum registration time is, that they will support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.