VOIP re-registration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redwood, Feb 3, 2008.

1. redwood

Hello.
    At this time i've got the free 3cx version running fine on my business 2003 sbs server.
    I use it with 2 sip accounts and 5 voip phones. Everything runs like it should. The only problem i have is that i have to reboot the server each day
    because 3cx looses connection to the sip accounts (or something)
    When i get to the office in the morning and look in the 3cx logs i cannot find any special. Both sip accounts show as registered, but when i call one of them they are not reachable.
    When i reset the server it's fine for a day. But on the next day it stopped working.

What could this be? Except for 3cx the rest on the server is running fine. It doesn't loose it's connections or something. My dsl provider uses dhcp but only changes it about one time per month. When i do the firewall check it passes, except when it's not working, then it says it can't detect the stun server :S. Anyone knows what this could be? I've already tried reinstalling 3cx.

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Re: Have to reboot/reset server every day!

It could be a bunch of stuff.

For instance, if you run with broadband does your broadband cut out overnight for a period of time? (set a recurring ping test to an internet address going to check this)

Also, you could be having DNS difficulties.

Anyway, you could always script your 3CX shutdown and restart if you get in trouble.

Incidentally, all the SBS servers I manage are set to reboot nightly after their backup anyway - but that's because I *always* virtualise my SBS boxes.

Mike.

3. redwood

Mike, thanks for your reply.

My logs show that this isn't the problem, my router logs this and no downtime is logged.
    I don't think so. I should have server wide connection problems but none of that!
    Never tried this, and don't know how!
    This is my next step, schedule the server to reboot every night, i usually do not like this. I know this is going to work, 'cause i do it manually every day. But in my opinion this is not a solution, just a workaround.

Still i am very curious what my problem could be!!

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

This is most likely a firewall problem or your VOIP provider. First of all what VOIP provider are you using? Is it a supported one? What firewall/NAT device?

Its not 3Cx that looses a connection. It registers with your VOIP provider and then either the VOIP provider looses the connection or quite possibly port forwarding is not correctly configured or times out, so that when you receive an incoming call the port on which it has registered is no longer available. This would correlate with the STUN server error you are having.

Please list the phone and voip provider you are using, check the registration interval and post the server status log when the call fails in the morning. The server status log should reveal more information why this is happening

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have the same here, what ive done is to get a scheduled task to reset the 3cx service once a day in the morning and this gets rid of that problem.

6. redwood

I'm using Breezz as a voip provider. It's a dutch sip provider. At this time i'm using a linksys wr54tg 7.4 Firewall/nat. (updated firmware)
    I will post the server log in the morning. Ps. this morning it all worked fine! No problems all day!
    How can i achieve this?

7. mpfteam

i have a little problem with this REGISTRATION subject. i just installed the program, and in the "Line Status" it shows my Vonage line "Not registered" when i go to "manage lines" and i edit the one for Vonage, i click on "REgistered the line" nothing happens! and on the "Line Status" still shows as "Not registered"
    by the way, when i go to the Client program i hear the dial tone but then it says this "Not found". it is weird because i hear the dial tone but when i press any numbres it keeps the dial tone, as if i am not pressing any numbers. i had another post that no one has been able to answer, the firewall test fails, but i have disabled the firewall and yet it gives me error (look below)
    do you have any suggestions please? thank you