Voip soft phone for windows & home phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by millsnz, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsnz

Hi

I have just downloaded and installed the Voip soft phone for windows and installed it. I contacted my Voip provider and they supplied me with my detail needed to set it up. the Softphone works great but the issue I now have is that all calls are forwarded through it and I no longer can answer it on my handset. Is there a way around this issue or if I use this softphone am I stuck with always having to answer it though my computer.

the reason behind this query is that I and my wife both work from home, I need something that is handsfree and well she's fine with just a handset.

any thoughts would be great, good or bad

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I've had both sip and soft phone ring when I use the soft phone with 3cx. Not sure how it works directly with a provider. Maybe the soft phone accepts the call?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your provider allows SIP forking, then both VoIP devices will register and ring when your number is called. It sounds as if your provider may not allow this and you may have to turn off 3CX phone and cause the other SIP phone to re-register to enable it to again accept calls.

You should speak to your provider, they may only allow one device to register and calls may go to the last one that does. They might be able to provide you with a second user name/password to make this work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.